PDA

View Full Version : Who wears contacts?

Tone2TheBone
January 14th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Just got my first ever pair of contacts last night. I have an astigmatism on my left eye and that lens is supposed to have a mark on it so that I can align that on the bottom of my cornea. I can't see that mark and was wondering if anyone here has any of those toric lenses. What kind of mark is it and what do I look for?

deeaa
January 14th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I had those, there was a VERY thin line from near the center to the edge on one side; that was to go down. They were supposed to align themselves, though, by gravity, unless you put them in completely wrong.

But, it seems my eyes are just too uneven on the surface, and the lenses 'ripple' around the edges and won't ever stay completely flat, causing everything to look sort of blurry unless I keep blinking ferociously. They simply gather water under the edges it seems. So I can't really wear them, unless I'm willing to accept the slight but clear feeling of being underwater all the time - that's the closest I can describe how it feels with contacts, a constant urge to blink to clear the vision.

Maybe some day I'll try again - they have new models every day, and I understand if there will be smaller-diameter ones available in my requirements, those might work well since they fit on the even area of the eye. But right now, they don't make my strength and cycle or whatever in the smallest sizes.

hubberjub
January 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I got contacts about three years ago but never wear them. Glasses are just easier for me.

MAXIFUNK
January 14th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I have been wearing special Hard Lenses since 1980 its the only way I can see.
No issue what so ever except for very windy.

@nthony
January 14th, 2010, 11:42 AM
deea's right. I wear them, and gravity does the job for me. Put them in and try closing your eyes and then rolling them around like a clock face. Should do the trick.

Monkus
January 14th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Same here with the same astigmatism on the left eye. I only use mine for outdoor activities like football (soccer to some of you), beach, gigs and so on. It usually aligns itself, I use Surevue and Bauch and Lomb so YMMV.