PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Screamer

Neal
January 16th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Robert. Tell me about that pedal. Do you use it in place of a tube screamer?

Robert
January 16th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Yes, it is a tubescreamer on steroids. Sounds great.

Neal
January 16th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Yes, it is a tubescreamer on steroids. Sounds great.
i have to have one
:applause

M29
January 16th, 2010, 09:56 AM
:poke

Spudman
January 16th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I have one of the originals and I usually leave it on all night. I play into my clean channel and have the ZYS set to a mild break up when the guitar's volume is wide open. A couple of local musicians even commented at my gig last night how fat I sounded.

+1

Neal
January 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Keep the gas flowing. I love it:happy

oldguy
January 16th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I also have one of the originals, and love it.:AOK

marnold
January 16th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I've got a poor-man's version that DVM made as a one-off for me before he actually even announced the ZYS Mk II. My favorite part about it is the additional clean boost.

M29
January 16th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Neal
January 16th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Robert. When Dr. VooDoo built your Yellow Screamer, did he add the MOSFET package?

Robert
January 16th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Neal, I got the exact same one as listed on his website. It has the MOSFET clipping mode.

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/zys_mkII.htm

Neal
January 16th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Neal, I got the exact same one as listed on his website. It has the MOSFET clipping mode.

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/zys_mkII.htm
This thing has my nose open so wide that you can drive a truck thru it. I gots to have one:happy

Spudman
January 16th, 2010, 09:12 PM
This thing has my nose open so wide that you can drive a truck thru it. I gots to have one:happy
Maybe, but what you'll really have to have is his Rabid Rodent.

Neal
January 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Maybe, but what you'll really have to have is his Rabid Rodent.

What is the rapid rodent?

Robert. what is that toggle switch on the side of the yellow screamer?:help

Was it part of the kit?:help

Robert
January 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Oh man, this thing has lots of option. Check VDM's page about the pedal - it explains it all. Go to http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/zys_mkII.htm

The Rabid Rodent is another great pedal by DVM. It has more distortion and is based on a ProCo RAT.

duhvoodooman
January 17th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Some details about the Rabid Rodent:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/RRv2.htm

I'm here for ya when you're ready, Neal. Just a heads up, though--I'm already backlogged with orders through April.

rylanmartin
January 17th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I have both the Rabid Rodent AND the ZYS MkII. I'm really gonna have to do a video demo, as I've got tons of new gear. These pedals are the perfect units...

The ZYS MkII is small but has boost and OD in one small unit. I can stop both on at the same time, or one or the other. It doesn't take up much space on my board, it's 9V AC, and INCREDIBLY versatile. I use mine with about 45% gain, 65% level, and 5% tone, Flat EQ, and Mosfet. The boost is set to about 70%. Mine is unfinished and all controls are currently labelled with label maker stickers, and sharpie ticks for favourite settings.

The RR is also super cool. Small, 9Vac, versatile, and solid as a rock! It's also a brilliant form of entertainment. I recently just opened it up to watch the LED's inside light up when I played with it engaged. This thing turns my Marshall into a thick, hairy beast! Forget a hamster with rabies...I officially rename this pedal "Pissed Off Minotaur." I still can't find a setting on this that I want to LEAVE it at...too many good sounds....I'd love to see if DVM can one day make a dual RR, two separate identical circuits in one pedal...that would be COOL!

For the price, ORDER THESE PEDALS NOW!!! They're TOP quality, DVM charges WAAAAY too little for the amazing work he does, and you'll have something unique that none of your buddies that spent fortunes on Tube Screamer reissues and various Rat pedals have. I don't think anyone's demo video's can really do justice to the quality that these units are. My expectations were exceeded BY FAR!

rylanmartin
January 18th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I'm here for ya when you're ready, Neal. Just a heads up, though--I'm already backlogged with orders through April.

Looks like you'll need to hire some employees soon...

When are we gonna see the discounted MIM DVM stompboxes?? :bootyshake

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2010, 01:11 AM
I have #3 of the originals. Step on the G.A.S. and it will take you forward. :)

guitarhack
January 18th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I have #3 of the originals. Step on the G.A.S. and it will take you forward. :)
:dude

M29
January 18th, 2010, 07:46 AM
:socool

duhvoodooman
January 18th, 2010, 08:35 AM
When are we gonna see the discounted MIM DVM stompboxes??
http://www.bbsradio.com/userfiles/image/Image/WhenPigsFly.jpg

Neal
January 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Dr. Voodoo They tell me that Undertakers and proctologist tell the best jokes, and that took the cake:applause

By the way. I plan on comming up you way this fall. I wanna do some salmond fishing up in Polaski.

duhvoodooman
January 18th, 2010, 09:04 AM
By the way. I plan on comming up you way this fall. I wanna do some salmond fishing up in Polaski.
Pulaski, huh? That's about 160 miles from me--head west on I-90 to Syracuse and then about 30 miles north to Pulaski and the Salmon River there. Some huge fish to be had there, as I'm sure you know.

Just be sure to stop on your way by & stock up on DVM pedals! :rockon:

Neal
January 18th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I use to fish and hunt all over the state. Mexico, Onianta, Utica. Coxsaki, Parish, Delhi. They still call me yankee down here. In fact some even blame me for the record cold snap that they had down here.

Neal
February 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I finally aquired me one of them screamers, and if there is a better one on the planet than this, they have to be keeping it a secret.

Monkus
February 10th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Congrats !

sunvalleylaw
February 11th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hmmm, I wonder how one would sound along with that Fender Concert that showed up, or my Peavey for that matter. I have a feeling that vintage 4x10 might like that overdrive a lot.

aeolian
February 11th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I only have a minute but I have to chime in.

I got one of the ZYS Mk II a few months ago. I used to use a Fulltone FulldriveII, but now all I use is the ZYS. The versatility of the different overdrive modes, the ability to flip the order of the boost and overdrive, and the separate boost makes it a single-pedal solution for almost anything I want to do. It is just a great pedal.

duhvoodooman
February 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I finally aquired me one of them screamers, and if there is a better one on the planet than this, they have to be keeping it a secret.
What specifically did you get? "One of them screamers" could cover a whole lot of ground.....

sunvalleylaw
February 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Got one (ZYS Mk. II) coming!! Yeaah! :happy It is going to sound sweet with both my Peavey and the Fender Concert! :AOK :AOK

Neal
February 11th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I built one of them OD-2s Mosfet style. I didn't do any of the things that you did to it, and it's still better than any that I have ever seen.

Yours must really be off the chain.

duhvoodooman
February 12th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Did you do the MOSFET mod to the boost, too? If so, did you try punching up the gain by lowering the value of that 470 ohm resistor on the far right side of the board? I found I wanted more boost than the stock MOSFET circuit gave, so I dropped that down to 150 ohms, IIRC. You just have to be a little careful about going too low, or the boost will start distorting when cranked way up, rather than staying clean all the way up.

Neal
February 12th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Yes I did lower it, but I didn't use an ohm meter. I worked up to the sweet spot, and it worked out kinda good. I didn't use the tone pot. wonder how that would sound?