PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 M9 distortion demo

Robert
January 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
People asked me for a clip of how the distortion tones are in the M9/M13.

Here you go.

This is also the first video ever recorded in my new studio! Tada!

1dXNy68wPfQ

Spudman
January 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Very nice. Great run through of the models.

If you put on a black shirt you'd be just a head and guitar. That would be a trip! :messedup: :rollover

Monkus
January 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM
very nice !

deeaa
January 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM
VERY nice vid & well played and presented too. Too bad you used a single-coil guitar and the delay...anyway, the very first classic distortion sound was quite nice. And some of the fuzz sounds was also pretty good. I guess I would have to take one in for testing with my setup...easy access to various levels of drive without pedal-to-pedal buffer problems would be handy in many a case.

Robert
January 17th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Some are complaining the gain sounds are bad in this unit. I disagree. Lots of cool tones in here, if you take your time to tweak to your liking.

By the way, single coils rock! :D (even though I just got a humbucker guitar...)

But this is only showing the distortion stuff - there's tons of other cool effects in this unit! Fantastic box, this is. The latest updates gives (correct me if I'm wrong, Spud), 120 effects in total? Totally wicked!

deeaa
January 18th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Yeah, seems like a lot of useable tones. All I need is a non-squeezing comp and an OD & distortion, though...been wondering if I should maybe try to use a delay again on some lead bits...but the idea of dancing around to switch between tones while singing irks me a LOT.

Usually change from clean to dirt, add some extra boost for lead AND maybe start using wah, all inside a second while singing is more than enough already...and then back up for verse again super quick...augh. So multiFX units with ready-made patches ARE tempting...so I'm interested in trying.

marnold
January 18th, 2010, 08:57 AM
If I can offer a smidge of constructive criticism about the recording: I know it's hard to record both yourself and the amph at the same time, but when you're playing there's a lot of "acoustic" sounds from the guitar itself which I think distracts from getting a good taste at what the actual amplified tone is. I don't know if that's something that can be changed in your recording setup or if I'm the only one who notices that.

I obviously can offer no constructive criticism on your playing other than "don't start playing like me." :)

Spudman
January 18th, 2010, 10:07 AM
The latest updates gives (correct me if I'm wrong, Spud), 120 effects in total? Totally wicked!

Something like that PLUS you get 48 scenes now. That's 48 different storable pedal boards which is a lot. You should get a control pedal so that you can really tap into the power of the unit. The 8 wahs and Whammy are great and being able to control parameters on effects in each scene is a huge bonus.

EnglishJW
January 18th, 2010, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Robert]People asked me for a clip of how the distortion tones are in the M9/M13.

Here you go.

This is also the first video ever recorded in my new studio! Tada!

[\QUOTE]

Thanks - very helpful.

Monkus
January 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Something like that PLUS you get 48 scenes now. That's 48 different storable pedal boards which is a lot.

Is this the M9 or m13?

Spudman
January 18th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Is this the M9 or m13?
Should be for both with the 2.01 software.

Monkus
January 18th, 2010, 11:48 AM
...sweet...

Eric
January 19th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Too bad you used a single-coil guitar and the delay...anyway, the very first classic distortion sound was quite nice.
I agree -- I thought the classic distortion was pretty nice, and one of those Line 6 ones wasn't bad either. I started to zone out not long after that...

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Wow thats a nice selection of od/ds sounds!! Love that Suhr strat copy of yours too :D

Robert
January 20th, 2010, 09:10 AM
This section of the pedal has some very, very nice compressors and eq's as well, but I didn't demo those. It's hard to capture the feel of a compressor on video, but trust me, they are awesome.