PDA

View Full Version : More on Valvetronix

Radioboy950
January 19th, 2010, 11:11 AM
It's kind of funny with a modeling amph...
I have access to all these different tone & gain structures and FX, yet they are seldom used.

I've dialed in what I think best resembles an EL84, 80's rock type sound
with minimal cleans. Channel one (via the footswitch) is a rhythm tone, channel two is set up as a lead with a touch more volume & gain.
Shooting for a Budda SD type tone (I know, don't laugh :crazyguy )

My question really deals with channel switching.
With the footswitch in use, it seems you can change only between your two customized settings, but you can not go to another amp model in the pre-sets. For example, It would be nice to be able to switch on the fly to a clean amp for certain parts.

It seems you can only do this by hand, or did I miss something?

Anyone...Anyone...Bueller?

Robert
January 19th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I never had the footswitch for mine... couldn't tell ya.

tot_Ou_tard
January 20th, 2010, 06:04 AM
If I recall correctly (mine is being used by a son of a colleague & I didn't really use the footswitch) on the AD30VT it works like this.

The left button switched between CH 1 and CH 2, the right button turns the effects on and off or it can be configured to switch between manual mode and whatever Channel has been selected by the left button.

I just googled the manual & I was right. It's on page 16 of the AD30VT manual.

kidsmoke
January 20th, 2010, 06:24 AM
It's kind of funny with a modeling amph...
I have access to all these different tone & gain structures and FX, yet they are seldom used.

:AOK

Agreed! I have a Roland not a VT, but I've found that to be the case as well. I actually just use it for the JC clean channel now, for which it is sublime. Use my Little Lanilei when I wanna get dirty.

yeah, I know, I said sublime. but it is.:nope

Radioboy950
January 20th, 2010, 09:32 AM
it can be configured to switch between manual mode and whatever Channel has been selected by the left button.

hmmmm...thanks tot, I'll mess around with the switch some more.