PDA

View Full Version : Bad Deal

M29
January 19th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Well...I am kind of disappointed. I pm'ed a guy on another very popular forum that I wanted to buy his Digitech Hardwire Valve Distortion pedal around 2:00pm today. He just pm'ed me back at 6:18pm and said sorry it just sold. What are your thoughts? Ya think I should have had first crack at it?

majwild1
January 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
If you had a appointment with him already it should have been yours! IMHO

piebaldpython
January 19th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Well.....the other guy could have PM'd him before you..........and maybe he didn't check his PM's until 6??? Best to assume that it was an honest deal unless you have incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.

M29
January 19th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah that is true. I posted along with my PM as well. Oh well it wasn't meant to be.

Any suggestions on an inexpensive but good shred pedal?

Robert
January 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Try the Cool Cat Metal pedals.

M29
January 19th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah the new Cool Cats have a good rep already. I will check out some demos.

Thanks.

Eric
January 19th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Well...I am kind of disappointed. I pm'ed a guy on another very popular forum that I wanted to buy his Digitech Hardwire Valve Distortion pedal around 2:00pm today. He just pm'ed me back at 6:18pm and said sorry it just sold. What are your thoughts? Ya think I should have had first crack at it?
Kind of interested in this -- I get rid of a good bit of extra crap using freecycle and craigslist, and when I'm inundated with responses, I sift through them with a quasi-first-come-first-served approach. In other words, the email saying "I take it" may be the first one I receive, but the person who is a few emails later but is genuinely interested in all of the stuff and can communicate in complete sentences ends up being the one to whom I reply.

I always thought this was at my discretion as the giver/seller. Is there a code to this whole thing? I viewed it as a risk of buying used -- no guarantees. I may adjust if this is a major faux pas.

deeaa
January 20th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Kind of interested in this -- I get rid of a good bit of extra crap using freecycle and craigslist, and when I'm inundated with responses, I sift through them with a quasi-first-come-first-served approach. In other words, the email saying "I take it" may be the first one I receive, but the person who is a few emails later but is genuinely interested in all of the stuff and can communicate in complete sentences ends up being the one to whom I reply.

I always thought this was at my discretion as the giver/seller. Is there a code to this whole thing? I viewed it as a risk of buying used -- no guarantees. I may adjust if this is a major faux pas.

Most buy/sell forums I visit have a rule that the FIRST to reply/respond AND stating he'll pay the sum asked MUST have the first shot at the thing.

But it's a different matter if they just ask for more info, try to bargain etc.

But, basically, the first one to agree to pay the asking price is considered to be within his rights to claim the item...unless he's got bad rep/feedback etc...but I've heard of users being kicked due to violating that and selling to the highest bidder instead of the first to pay the asked price.

But, some forums allow for not posting a fixed maximum price, just best offers.
That's another story, then it's bargain game and anybody's guess...

M29
January 20th, 2010, 04:46 AM
For some reason the sale post has been taken down. I just thought it was odd. I posted and PM'ed at the same time then 5 hours later the guy says he just sold it. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be. No big deal.