PDA

View Full Version : Flextone III Settings?

MAXIFUNK
January 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I have been using the built in settings on my Line 6 Flextone III XL since I got the amp last Summer.

So, I was wondering if any one in the group has one and if so what cool settings could you recommend for a mid-gain and or hi-gain sound.
I want to try out some new sounds but hate the ones I came up with.

Thanks,
Maxi................ :help

TS808
January 25th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I have been using the built in settings on my Line 6 Flextone III XL since I got the amp last Summer.

So, I was wondering if any one in the group has one and if so what cool settings could you recommend for a mid-gain and or hi-gain sound.
I want to try out some new sounds but hate the ones I came up with.

Thanks,
Maxi................ :help

When I had my Line 6 Flextone III XL, I found that the best way to get tones out of the amp was to actually turn the cabinet modelling OFF. It made a huge difference in being able to dial in a useable tone.

I don't remember the specific settings I used on alot of the models, but I would suggest you try to turn the cabinet modeling off first and go from there.

Also, running a BBE Sonic Stomp or EQ in the effects loop really brings the amp to life as well.

MAXIFUNK
January 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks,

TS808, I will try that I am just wanting to try something different that what was programed into the short board.

TS808
January 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks,

TS808, I will try that I am just wanting to try something different that what was programed into the short board.

Definitely create your own settings and discard the presets.

The most important thing to remember about any modeler is that the EQ will work differently for each amp model too. It will mimic the EQ of the specific amp that you are using. Spend some time reading the manual and tweaking different settings, and try to set the master as high as you can.

What I also found helpful was to use the noise gate sparingly, except on the high gain models where you will need it.

Modelers always take a little bit of tweaking, but once you dial in the right tones, the Flextone will sound pretty sweet. Lose the presets though...I always found them to be a little too over the top with effects, etc.,