PDA

View Full Version : Dr. VooDoo

Neal
January 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Today, I started assembeling the 5 knob compressor, and it's going pretty good. The only thing is, that my eyeballs, feel like a couple of hard boiled eggs.:thwap :crazyguy

duhvoodooman
January 21st, 2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I hear you. I have a couple of pairs of 2x reading glasses I picked up at CVS for this kind of work. But as these old eyes are finding, might be time to go to 2.5x!! :eek:

BTW, if you haven't read through it yet, here's a great tutorial thread for novice pedal builders at the BYOC forums:

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6401

Neal
January 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the info Doc.:happy That's very informative, helpful info:AOK

Neal
January 21st, 2010, 05:05 PM
Dr Voodoo:happy I'm So proud of me:dude I got it right on the first shot. I put this thing up against the CS3, and it's like running a Corvett, against a T model Ford. I'm going to do one of then yellow screamers next. By the way, what is that switch on the side?

I get a couple more of these things under my belt, and you can call me VooDoo Jr.:thankyou :poke

duhvoodooman
January 21st, 2010, 09:49 PM
Cool! Congrats on your first (of many?) build. :goodjob :applause

By all means, try the BYOC Overdrive 2 kit--just a great design with the flexible TS-style overdrive and a separtate boost circuit in the same enclosure.

FYI, the Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II is my customized version of the Overdrive 2, with a number of modifications to the stock configuration. That switch on the side is one of them--it allows running the boost in front of or behind the overdrive stage. We're into the realm of my little trade secrets now, so hope you won't mind if I don't let the cat out of the bag on exactly what I do to make an OD2 into a ZYS!! :nono: :D

Neal
January 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
Cool! Congrats on your first (of many?) build. :goodjob :applause

By all means, try the BYOC Overdrive 2 kit--just a great design with the flexible TS-style overdrive and a separtate boost circuit in the same enclosure.

FYI, the Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II is my customized version of the Overdrive 2, with a number of modifications to the stock configuration. That switch on the side is one of them--it allows running the boost in front of or behind the overdrive stage. We're into the realm of my little trade secrets now, so hope you won't mind if I don't let the cat out of the bag on exactly what I do to make an OD2 into a ZYS!! :nono: :D

Sorry about that.:thwap I mean the trade secret thing. It is just a lot of fun, and I have a Compressor that I probably couldn't buy.

I must say, that I was not a complete novice. Having designed computer aided machinery, I have very good soldering skills, and some understanding of electronics. I never thought of doing things like this.

Again, thanks for your help, and inspiration:AOK

Neal
January 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Dr. Voodoo. Do you think that it would be a problem powder coating that enclosure? The reason I ask, is because I have a brother, that can do this for me.

duhvoodooman
January 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't think powdercoating would be a problem. There are a couple of places that sell prepainted enclosures that are powdercoated.

tot_Ou_tard
January 23rd, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hey docVoodooman my wife would like me to last for ten hours, do you have any powders or potions?