PDA

View Full Version : New Tech 21 Pedals

marnold
January 22nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
I just watched this video from Premier Guitar showing new pedals from Tech 21 in their character series.
gUVBQ8L9bRc

Here's a little more information (http://blog.dv247.com/sansamp-pedals-tech-21/7669/). I predict that they will sell a billion of the new programmable VT Bass. The TalkBass forums were awash with posts about how great the original was . . . if only it had an XLR out and was programmable. Evidently, they listened. They also added a switch to defeat the speaker emulation on the new pedals. I wonder if they will add that to the older versions . . .

SuperSwede
January 23rd, 2010, 03:33 AM
Excellent news! I love their products and I am very happy to see them release new products!

I´m still waiting for a new amp based on the character pedal series.

guitardan777
January 25th, 2010, 09:01 PM
They have some great products for sure.
I've had a few of thier amps and pedals in the not so distant past.
My fav is the Trademark 60...
One of those I wish I would have kept, she was a limited edition blonde....

Eric
January 26th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I just watched this video from Premier Guitar showing new pedals from Tech 21 in their character series.
Well, that's cool. I will say that I think having an option to disable the speaker sim would make all of their pedals a lot more versatile.

Personally, my ears can only handle so many sounds. When you get into modeling Orange and HiWatt as separate pedals, my attention span starts to wane. I'm still trying to figure out how the big 4 sound and go from there.

I do think this whole idea of amp-in-a-box is cool, and it's close to my vision for guitar amplification in general. Tech 21 has done a good job of actually taking these analog modelers beyond the stompbox/distortion realm, which is major progress IMO.