PDA

View Full Version : Hey from P-Town Oregon!

WarLock
January 23rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
Hey all, I'm new to the forums as of today. Pretty new to the PNW as well. I'm 38, been playing for about 25 years now. I'm mostly into metal, industrial and old punk. My main guitar is a B.C. Rich Warlock (Hence the user name, lol). I have a cheap Squire as backup too. I have a few effects and a decent amp (Check sig) but am looking to get a new tube amp and gear soon.

WarLock
January 23rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Sig did not appear for some reason. :thwap

Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Fender Squire Strat
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12
Original Crybaby
Crybaby From Hell
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

FrankenFretter
January 23rd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Warlock! I'm just down the road from you, near Salem. Some other folks here from Oregon as well. It's a great place to hang out. Where are you from originally?

WarLock
January 23rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Warlock! I'm just down the road from you, near Salem. Some other folks here from Oregon as well. It's a great place to hang out. Where are you from originally?

I was born in Illinois, grew up in SoCal, Spent about 14 years in Vegas then Utah for a year or so, then here. lol. My family has been up here for a long time, so I decided to move up. :)

mrmudcat
January 23rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
welcome

Spudman
January 23rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Hi WL. Welcome. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Robert
January 23rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
Welcome Oregoner!

tot_Ou_tard
January 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Welcome WarLock!

I love me some PNW!

sunvalleylaw
January 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Warlock and Welcome! I am a Tacoma native, and went to law school down stream on I-5 from you in Salem. Saw a lot of good music in Portland back in the day. It is a fun place!

WarLock
January 23rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks for all the welcome's! Hopefully I can be helpful here and learn some as well. :AOK

bcdon
January 23rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Welcome, Warlock!

I love Oregon! Do me a favour and head on over to Rogue and have a pint or two for me. :dude

Kazz
January 24th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Welcome brother Warlock. I used to come to PDX land frequently....used to live 105 miles south of you in Springfield Oregon. I have to say this....you may be new to Portland, or to Oregon...but you are in no way NEW to message boards.....you changed your custom nick name on day one....pretty spiffy there Frunior Jetter. Welcome to the fray.

Oh yeah....and judging by your signature.....I will bet 10 pints of the best Hefewiezen in Oregon that you are a Pantera or Dimebag Darrell Abbot fan

Yes I gleaned that bit of wizdom just from your wah pedal :-)

evenkeel
January 24th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the gang!!! :applause :applause

WarLock
January 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Oh yeah....and judging by your signature.....I will bet 10 pints of the best Hefewiezen in Oregon that you are a Pantera or Dimebag Darrell Abbot fan

Yes I gleaned that bit of wizdom just from your wah pedal :-)

Well, you'd own me 10 pints, lol. I actually got the pedal as a gift. I like it because there is so much adjustability and the boost switch is pretty nice too. Not really a fan of Dime or Pantera, haha. :beer:

Monkus
January 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
welcome!!!! :applause

Brian Krashpad
January 25th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Welcome! I'm in the opposite corner of the country. Will have to get up to the PNW someday, my wife went to a conference somewhere up there (Seattle maybe, I've forgotten) a year or so ago.

aeolian
January 26th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the motley crew. I'm also from Portland, moved here from California in 1979.

WarLock
January 30th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Hey, thanks again. Been busy the last week. My other mistress (new truck) was taking up all my time. lol