PDA

View Full Version : How about a good Fuzz Tone ..

Blaze
January 25th, 2010, 08:20 AM
How about a good Fuzz Tone to play some Blues_Rock ..
On this clip Marc Ford is usin a Vintage Italian Late 60 s Fuzz and some Wah to get this nasty sound..
Mium ! I like it ..:drool:

TKuz-xYMgt8

mrmudcat
January 25th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Of all the fuzzes we got, the original vox tone bender sounds the best with germs right behind our solasound mkII T.B. with germs:french

Robert
January 25th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Of all the fuzzes we got, the original vox tone bender sounds the best with germs

You mean you only use that pedal when you're going to the bathroom?
:poke :thwap

mrmudcat
January 25th, 2010, 09:20 AM
You mean you only use that pedal when you're going to the bathroom?
:poke :thwap

EXACTLY:cool: :bootyshake

duhvoodooman
January 25th, 2010, 09:41 AM
This would explain why your tone sounds like ****.... ;) :rollover

Blaze
January 25th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Oh ! comments smell funny in here, i guess Fuzz is nt a big hit around ..

Don t forget that Fuzz was a big part of Jimi s tone but he was obviously a guitar genius first..

marnold
January 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Oh ! comments smell funny in here, i guess Fuzz is nt a big hit around ..

Don t forget that Fuzz was a big part of Jimi s tone but he was obviously a guitar genius first..
For being a metal guy, I surprisingly like fuzz. It's especially surprising since in general I like my heavily distorted tones as non-fuzzy as possible. Probably just my pending insanity.

mrmudcat
January 25th, 2010, 06:35 PM
For strat's or single coil based guit's, a fuzz is key to a hellacious tone IMHO!!!!

On paula's I tend to roll off the fuzz and use as a boost mostly,but on slide anything goes!!!:french

mrmudcat
January 25th, 2010, 06:38 PM
This would explain why your tone sounds like ****.... ;) :rollover

Well rub it in:thwap .........I have lost my mojo and have no tone at the moment:help (rehab is a biatch)

I am hoping for a comeback this summer if I can get my mentality in order:happy

peachhead
January 25th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I like a good fuzz. Probably comes from listening to Duane so much.

mrmudcat
January 25th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Strat into a fuzzface with a weak battery into a Twin Reverb with JBLs was what D.A. liked in the muscle shoals recording days.Duane never used a fuzz face live or in the studio during the A.B.B. days .(I say never but then again who can say this is fact according to me:dude ):french

Most of his tone was in the fingers:drool :master

Glad to see ya peach brother:cool:

peachhead
January 25th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I believe you are correct, I think he was out of the fuzz by the time the ABB was in full swing. But I think he was using it pretty steady from the Hourglass time period through his session days.

mrmudcat
January 25th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Yep thats the way I remember ,as soon as he formed A.B.B. and heard dickeys fat tone he jumped on the gibby /marshall band wagon:crazyguy

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I loves me some fuzztone. I also prefer germs call me crazy.