PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been around much lately....

TS808
January 25th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Hey fellow Fretters, I haven't been around much lately on this or other forums.

I started Taekwondo back in September so that has been taking up alot of my time as well as the weight training in-between classes. I'm still playing guitar though.

My wife joined Taekwondo also in October (I'm 49 and she's 48) and two weeks ago we passed our orange belt testing.

It's been ALOT of fun so far and has been an awesome workout!

Robert
January 25th, 2010, 11:02 AM
We missed ya, bro. Thanks for stopping by even though you are busy.

At least if someone tries to steal your guitar gear, you can kick their *** like never before, eh! :D

tot_Ou_tard
January 25th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Yea TS, thanks for saying hello.

Enjoy the taekwondo.

tunghaichuan
January 25th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Excellent, I took taekwondo a few years ago and enjoyed it. The discipline you get with studying martial arts can cross over to other endeavors as well, like the guitar.

From my understanding, taekwondo puts a lot of emphasis on kicking as when it developed, many of those who practiced it were artists and musicians and wanted to protect their hands. Sounds plausible.

Hey fellow Fretters, I haven't been around much lately on this or other forums.

I started Taekwondo back in September so that has been taking up alot of my time as well as the weight training in-between classes. I'm still playing guitar though.

My wife joined Taekwondo also in October (I'm 49 and she's 48) and two weeks ago we passed our orange belt testing.

It's been ALOT of fun so far and has been an awesome workout!

mrmudcat
January 25th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I achieved a black belt in tae in the 80's..........the boys have trained a little this past few years but im trying to emphasize the fact they were born lovers not fighters:cool:

Tae=striking with foot
kwon=striking with the fist
do= the art

Ok something like that anyways:thwap

I agree with Tung it can help develop skills,discipline which directly applies to guitar, and other art forms,and sports:cool:

Welcome back brother ts808!!!!!:cool:

M29
January 25th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Welcome back!:rockon