PDA

View Full Version : Travel Guitar

syo
January 26th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I am looking for an inexpensive but functional electric travel guitar. Does anyone out there have any recommendations? Something that can get tossed around a bit and still play decently. I saw a Hofner Little Shorty on Ebay that looks interesting (and cheap). Anyone here play one?
Thanks...

sumitomo
January 26th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I don't know about it being tossed about or inexpensive,but I got a yamaha silent for just that purpose.You can use headphones,plug in an i-pod and jam along or plug in an amph ( I'm using a micro cube,battery power)It also breaks down so you can carry on an airplane and while waiting for your flight pop on the headphones and rock out without bothering others at the airport.Sumi:D

syo
January 26th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks Sumi. I've seen those listed before but never paid much attention to them. Just read up on them and they look pretty cool. Perhaps I should try to find one to try out. Considerably more than I was thinking to pay however.

I travel quite a bit and with all the jetlag/lack of sleep I am kind of prone to forgetting things. For this reason I was kind of looking for something under $200. Something I could lose or damage without caring too much about it. I think at around $500 I wouldn't feel so carefree.

Plank_Spanker
January 26th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I travel with a Steinberger Spirit...................$399

Full size 24 fret neck, fold out knee stand for lap playing, a trem that can be locked....................and the guitar sounds pretty decent for a travel guitar. It comes with a gig bag, and I have been all over the world to less than glorious (military - living in tents in the desert) places with it, and the guitar has hung tough. It gets my vote......

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_1536.jpg

syo
January 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I travel with a Steinberger Spirit...................$399

Full size 24 fret neck, fold out knee stand for lap playing, a trem that can be locked....................and the guitar sounds pretty decent for a travel guitar. It comes with a gig bag, and I have been all over the world to less than glorious (military - living in tents in the desert) places with it, and the guitar has hung tough. It gets my vote......

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_1536.jpg

Thanks. Looks like what I'm after. Full size neck is a must for me. And if it can survive desert life in tents it should hold up for me.

Hope you're out of the tents now Spanker and in more comfortable surroundings.