PDA

View Full Version : Nbd!

NWBasser
January 26th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Woo Hoo, I finally got a Musicman bass.

I decided that the Lakland jazz could go since I have the passive jazz sound covered with my GW. I wanted something ballsy and punchy.

Which came down to Musicman Sterling or Stingray.

Stingray has the awesome signature tone, but the neck's too thick for me.

Sterling has great tone and the skinny sort of neck that I like.

I found one on Talkbass near my brother's house in Oregon for a good price.

And here she is!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f156/NWBasser_photos/MMbass001.jpg

:happy

FrankenFretter
January 26th, 2010, 12:54 PM
It wasn't quite as near as I thought it was, but at least it wasn't five hours away. Nice new dad guitar, Jason! I like the way that thing plays, and the way it sounds.

mrmudcat
January 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Nice bass.........

marnold
January 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Sweet! Now bust out some Louis Johnson licks!

NWBasser
January 26th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Sweet! Now bust out some Louis Johnson licks!

...zactly the plan!:dude :AOK

Brian Krashpad
January 27th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Congrats!

I've never owned or even played a Music Man bass.

:(

NWBasser
April 9th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I just took sleeping pills and can hardly write, but thought I'd mention that the MM Sterling is now gone. I could't really get a usable tone out of it that I liked in a mix and so made a trade for a Fender Active Deluxe Jazz, MIA.

I rather like it a lot and it seems the jazz bass soudn fits me well...

Have to post pic after I get some more..

Tig
April 10th, 2010, 05:05 AM
I just took sleeping pills and can hardly write, but thought I'd mention that the MM Sterling is now gone. I could't really get a usable tone out of it that I liked in a mix and so made a trade for a Fender Active Deluxe Jazz, MIA.

I rather like it a lot and it seems the jazz bass soudn fits me well...

Have to post pic after I get some more..
Happy New 2nd Bass Day!

http://www.kynapple.com/wp-content/gallery/cache/4__403x604_n1102830094_30364018_1337258.jpg

NWBasser
April 12th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Woo Hoo!

I finally got to play it last night with the full band. Wow, it cuts through the mix like a Ginsu knife. No more struggling to hear my notes clearly!:happy

It has this switch, called a Z1 by Audere, and on one position it's bright and snappy which I rather like and in the uppermost position gets deep and smooth which sounded just perfect for playing some Allman Bros.

The preamp has vol./vol., bass/treble, and tone controls along with the Z1 thingamagingy. I'd prefer a sweepable mid pot over a tone control, but this will work for now. The guy I traded with kindly included the stock Fender pre as well. I don't know what I'll do with it at this point.

NWBasser
May 3rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Oh, I finally got around to taking a picture of her:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f156/NWBasser_photos/jazzbass.jpg

fatoomsh
June 27th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Woo Hoo, I finally got a Musicman bass.

:happy

I've got a stingray too bro. Wouldn't swap it for anything. I use many different tunings, which is a pain in the rectum for a bassist, but it handles it every time. Mine dates back to 76 as far as I can tell but I'm having trouble finding any info. I'll get a pic up sometime.