PDA

View Full Version : Fender: Still coasting on my fame

Brian Krashpad
January 26th, 2010, 01:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/BrianKrashpad/BrownieLive.jpg

So today I opened up the "Musician's Friend 2010 Buyer's Guide" that just came in the mail, and I'll be darned if on page 4 there's a new "MAKE HISTORY American Standard" single-page ad for Strats and Teles, using part of the same background as the double-page ad that came out awhile back (like a year ago or so? I dunno). Much to my surprise I found myself in it fairly easily, same pic as above. In amongst a bazillion other photos, and even smaller than when they ran it as a double-page ad.

If anyone has the Buyer's Guide, in the ad on page 4, find the red Tele, and go straight up from the space between the bridge saddles and the bridge pickup. The pic is the second one up from the edge of the guitar. You'll see what I mean about how tiny the photo is, haha!

Funny thing is, I'm playing a MIM Tex-Mex. Not no American Standard.

:mybad

Robert
January 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Haha, save those ads for the grand kids, eh! :D

Brian Krashpad
January 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Haha, save those ads for the grand kids, eh! :D

They probably wouldn't believe it is me. The picture is a square about the size as the circumference of an eraser on the top of a pencil.

Tig
January 26th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Where's Waldo?
http://supportthearts.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/waldo.jpg

Is this your picture?
:poke

mrmudcat
January 26th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Hey im looking now!!

mrmudcat
January 26th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Where's Waldo?

Is this your picture?

It is harder to find krash you need a magnifying glass:french

peachhead
January 26th, 2010, 04:17 PM
So I'm guessing you're just waiting around, living off the royalty checks, right? :D

Brian Krashpad
January 26th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Where's Waldo?

Is this your picture?

Yes, I'm the one with the brownburst Tele.

Btw, there is a town in our county called Waldo. Some friends of mine used to live there. The "Where's Waldo" line never got old for them.

Brian Krashpad
January 26th, 2010, 04:41 PM
So I'm guessing you're just waiting around, living off the royalty checks, right? :D

Haha, yeah, me and the 2000 other people in the ad.

When the first one came out, I had forgotten I had sent the photo in. Somebody on another forum posted about finding themselves in the ad and that reminded me. Now if I stumble across a new ad I take a quick look. Often I can't find it, I'm sure they use different parts, of the giant photo-montage they made originally, for different ads.

Robert
January 26th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Btw, there is a town in our county called Waldo. Some friends of mine used to live there.

Let me guess, you have trouble locating them, huh? :D :D

Brian Krashpad
January 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Let me guess, you have trouble locating them, huh? :D :D

Fortunately, they moved years ago.

Now they live in another small town in our county, High Springs.

DON'T START!

duhvoodooman
January 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I see ya, Krash!! Right between the red Tele and that HSS Strat! :dude

Brian Krashpad
January 26th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I see ya, Krash!! Right between the red Tele and that HSS Strat! :dude

Haha, yep that microscopic blip is me!

Mister Boston
January 29th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Hey Brian,

I know you from Jam Session. How's it going man?

Anyway that's pretty cool to find yourself in Fender's promotional material. That must be kind of a thrill.

Brian Krashpad
January 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hey Brian,

Anyway that's pretty cool to find yourself in Fender's promotional material. That must be kind of a thrill.

Hey bud, welcome aboard over here! Things are going good on the music front (playing in 4 rock bands and at church), although business (the day gig) could be a LOT better, at least I'm working, which a lot of people cannot say.

On the ad thing, the first time it happened it was pretty cool. Now it's just kind of funny, because I know whenever they put out a new "Make History" ad, there's a chance that that same pic will be in it somewhere.

Galactic God
February 2nd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hey Brian,

You know me from JS, too (RatedZ). :dude

sunvalleylaw
February 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
In this month's GuitarWorld, there is a similar ad with a strat. I wonder if you are in there somewhere. My eyes were not picking you up yet, but I better put on reader glasses to be sure.

Brian Krashpad
February 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
In this month's GuitarWorld, there is a similar ad with a strat. I wonder if you are in there somewhere. My eyes were not picking you up yet, but I better put on reader glasses to be sure.

Well, don't hurt yourself, those photos are awful small.

I have a subscription (won in a contest) but haven't seen the current ish yet, that I know of.

Could be in the mailbox at Casa Krashpad.

sunvalleylaw
February 2nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
It is the Feb issue. It is a blues focus, and has long articles with both Mayer and Bonamassa. I don't receive it, but picked it up to see those articles. Seems pretty good! The ad is on page 27.

Brian Krashpad
February 2nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Steve!