PDA

View Full Version : Library

sumitomo
January 27th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I have been going to the library with my daughter and have found some awesome DVD on Mississippi Juke joints,Les Paul,John Lee hooker ect.I also have found enough good blues CD's to fill up an i-pod all for FREE! thought I'd pass that along.Sumi:D

tunghaichuan
January 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Good tip, Sumi. I work in a library, and I've known for years ;)

You should check out ILL (pronounced "eye el el," interlibrary loan. Depending on the item, you can get it sent from another library. It used to be free, but it looks like more and more libraries are charging to offset the shipping costs. :thwap

I have been going to the library with my daughter and have found some awesome DVD on Mississippi Juke joints,Les Paul,John Lee hooker ect.I also have found enough good blues CD's to fill up an i-pod all for FREE! thought I'd pass that along.Sumi:D

Retro Hound
January 28th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I work in a library too and ILL is great. Lots of resources at libraries, and if you have a college library near by, check it out too. Many will loan stuff out to local people as well as the students.

tunghaichuan
January 28th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Hey Retro Hound,

I see your location is Kansas. I went to Emporia State in KS. My home town is Wichita. Small world, eh?

I work in a library too and ILL is great. Lots of resources at libraries, and if you have a college library near by, check it out too. Many will loan stuff out to local people as well as the students.

Retro Hound
January 28th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I went to Emporia State too. 88-93 and 95-97.

tunghaichuan
January 29th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I went to Emporia State too. 88-93 and 95-97.

I graduated from the SLIM program with my MLS in December of '92.

:AOK