PDA

View Full Version : Savoy Brown

sumitomo
January 27th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Well they were before,I used to love concerts back then 5 bucks Loose jam good music good time!YjZuZ_GmI8USumi:D

hubberjub
January 27th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Kim Simmonds guitars are made by Roger Bacorn. A luthier who lives pretty close to me. Definitely a talented band.

Bloozcat
January 28th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I guess it's just inevitable today that if a band that started in the 60's is still touring, some, if not all original members will have been replaced.

I still have my original Blue Matter LP at home that's been played to death over the years. Savoy Brown was one of my favorites in the day, and it was a natural that Foghat would be too. When Lonesome Dave Peverett died, Foghat died with him...at least to me.

The current incarnation of Foghat still sounds good, much in the way that The Fabulous Thunderbirds still sound good - with a new cast that seems to rotate through over time. Maybe it's me, but I just like it better when a band faces reality and says, "it was great, but it's over", and forms a new band with a new name. I guess I'm just a purist in that way. After all, The Beatles were only the Beatles with all four original members, and they knew it to be true.

Neal
January 28th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I love it:applause :dude

sumitomo
January 28th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I know what your saying Bloozcat I say Savoy Brown 4 or so years back at an outdoor concert on the 4th july here where I live and had to say wait a minute that guy playing is way younger that me?Man I know that acid I took wasn't that good LOL! I too think they should but to rest the old names and good memories and start fresh.By the way they were really good had that vibe.Sumi:D

otaypanky
February 6th, 2010, 10:27 PM
They'll be playing here in Pa at an outdoor festival in June ~

bek
February 7th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Just a couple years ago I saw Savoy Brown, and Kim Simmonds was playing, and (of course) billed as the only original member. Maybe Sumitomo caught them when Kim was out sick or something.

MAXIFUNK
February 7th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I saw Fog Hat back in 1976 open up for AeroSmith and BTO in Detroit what night of rock and roll that was. I always like their bass player Nick Jameson great vibe and phrasing.

ZMAN
February 7th, 2010, 09:01 AM
OK I will admit that I am lost here. The title says Savoy Brown, and the Vid is for Foghat. I unfortunately don't know anything about either band.
I thoroughly enjoyed the video though.

just strum
February 7th, 2010, 09:12 AM
OK I will admit that I am lost here. The title says Savoy Brown, and the Vid is for Foghat. I unfortunately don't know anything about either band.
I thoroughly enjoyed the video though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foghat

danohat
February 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
All I Can Do Is Cry and this are my favorite Savoy Brown tunes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDw3nDV5tV8
Oh yeah! And Hard Way to Go.
And Ring in His Nose Ring on Her Hand is awesome too.

M29
February 18th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I am sorry I just can't get enough of this video! I wish I could find a backing track of this but I have never heard it done this slow. I would love to have this on hand to jam to. What a great song to work on phrasing.
I suppose I might be able to whip a basic track in Garage Band at least something to jam to.
Sure would be fun to do two guitar tracks to.

player
February 19th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Back in the day our band played Louisiana Blues off Blue Matter.great tune,better workout.according to that album Kim was sick and Dave had filled in for it rather well I might add.they and Jethro Tull were backup for Zep back then.KIm still has those great chops today fwiw

M29
February 19th, 2010, 01:39 PM
This is sweet too!

vcY2uDMgMlA&feature=related

sumitomo
February 19th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I can't get enough either!!!! Sumi:D