PDA

View Full Version : Hofner vs Ktone??

carvedtop
January 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hello All,

I'm looking to get an electric travel guitar as I'll be on the road for the next 3 months. I see that there is a Hofner reissue of their Shorty travel guitar (Chinese made) and one from Ktone (Korean??) that looks like a carbon copy of the Hofner.

Has anyone played either of these and if so, what's your opinion of them?

Thanks!

flipples
March 12th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I have the travel ktone purchased off of ebay. The volume knob is a bit buzzy when anywhere between off and full volume. But I can't complain about this guitar given its price. It's quite small. And if I wanted a better travel guitar, I might just try to switch out some of the electronics on this one.

Commodore 64
March 13th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Grizzly sells one too.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/36-Junior-Guitar-Green/H7581

http://cdn3.grizzly.com/pics/jpeg500/h/h7581.jpg

sumitomo
March 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I thought I'd throw this in I'm using a Yamaha Silent as a travel guitar.Sumi:D

bcdon
March 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I have the travel ktone purchased off of ebay. The volume knob is a bit buzzy when anywhere between off and full volume. But I can't complain about this guitar given its price. It's quite small. And if I wanted a better travel guitar, I might just try to switch out some of the electronics on this one.
Nice first post... welcome to The Fret. Post and introduction so we can all say howdy, nice and proper like. :dude

bcdon
March 13th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I thought I'd throw this in I'm using a Yamaha Silent as a travel guitar.Sumi:D
Hey Sumi,

How do you like the Yamaha Silent? What's the street price for one of those?

syo
March 14th, 2010, 07:09 AM
KTone is also Chinese made. Possibly from the same factory that makes the Hofner (although I'm not positive about that). I was considering one of those myself. Seems to be a good deal for a cheap, playable electric travel guitar.

6string
March 16th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Hey Sumi,

How do you like the Yamaha Silent? What's the street price for one of those?

wondering the same plus how the sound compares to regular plugged in a/e nylons?