PDA

View Full Version : decided what im doing after finishing school...

ibanezjunkie
January 29th, 2010, 01:58 PM
...going back to school for another 2 years to do A-Levels.

hopefully, in Chemistry, Physics, History and ICT.

im sure someone here can convince me im insane to attend school for 2 years longer than i need to.

:AOK

M29
January 29th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Do it, Do it...:poke You won't regret it.:AOK

Robert
January 29th, 2010, 02:32 PM
:nono: No, no, screw that. Go and be a ROCK STAR! :D

Just kidding - school is good! That's the way to go.

Commodore 64
January 29th, 2010, 02:35 PM
What are A-Levels? Is that like a Master's Degree in the US?

sumitomo
January 29th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Don't look back go for it!Sumi:D

street music
January 29th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Do it now, don't wait till life is old and you can't remember who you went to school with.

markb
January 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
What are A-Levels? Is that like a Master's Degree in the US?

Some very cynical people might say that ;)

It's a higher school certificate usually used as the qualification for university entrance.

mainestratman
January 30th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Junkie... I can empathize with your decision. Once I finish up my EMS degree (It's a 2-year Associates) and get my paramedic license, I'm going to continue to pursue education courses (so I can teach EMT classes), and go for my "Critical Care Paramedic" license.

One thing I've learned, returning to school so much later in life as I have, is that I *love* being back in school... I love the learning, the challenges...

Hat's off to you pursuing A-levels! :beer:

Commodore 64
January 30th, 2010, 06:49 AM
One thing I've learned, returning to school so much later in life as I have, is that I *love* being back in school... I love the learning, the challenges...

I call BS. You just love the preponderance of ~20 year old girlz.

kiteman
January 30th, 2010, 06:54 AM

Yep. :french

piebaldpython
January 30th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Continuing your education (so you can make more money to sate your GAS attacks) is a far better course of action at your young age than say.....oh, like getting married. :poke

kiteman
January 30th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Continuing your education (so you can make more money to sate your GAS attacks) is a far better course of action at your young age than say.....oh, like getting married. :poke

That's a good advice but I'm afraid I did more than that, I never married. :D

ZMAN
January 30th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Yes get your A levels, then on to University. Also make sure your studies are in an area that will be in demand. Make sure there are jobs in the field.
In todays econonomy you have to have marketable skills. Due to the economy my son is going back to school at 35. He is already a University grad!

Kazz
January 30th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I concur...get all the education you can while you are young. I never completed my first degree right after high school....now at 41 I am back in college to get my bachelors in business administration. It is very hard to leave school and get back into it later in life....much easier to stay in school when younger.

ibanezjunkie
January 30th, 2010, 11:36 AM

linkage to my first post :cool:

ive been thinking recently about law school, but im under the impression that such actions would cost me my soul. :nope

mainestratman
January 30th, 2010, 01:12 PM

You've never seen the college girls up here. There is a running joke:

Q: What's the difference between a girl from Northern Maine and a Moose?

A: 50 pounds and a flannel shirt.

:happy:

Besides... 20 year olds can be great to look at, but as soon as they open their mouths I want to smack them. lol