PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Spudman
January 30th, 2010, 10:22 AM
We finally had a great, and I mean great, gig last night. We had to go out of town to have it happen though. The club kept filling up as the night went on and by the end of the night it was elbow to elbow in the whole place and everyone was sweaty. We were getting some nice flashes as well. :cool: Everyone was having a great time.

The atmosphere was so thick it was chewable but at least I didn't have to hook up the fog machine in order for the lights to look good. The club was extremely surprised that we were so good. They kept asking for a CD before they would book us and I told them we didn't have one. One month later they called after looking over the song list and booked us anyway. They made a lot of money last night. "Far exceeded our expectations" was what the manager said.

The regulars we saying things like "you're the best band we've ever had here." I kept telling everyone that we were from Las Vegas. I couldn't bear to think how they would change their opinions if they found out that we were from only 45 minutes away.

Needless to say we are excited to go back tonight and do it one more time. My ears are ringing, my finger tips are sore, my head is bigger and I'm pretty happy. Finally a real fun gig...just like the old days.

Robert
January 30th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Ahh good to hear!

Here's to the Vegas band! :beer:

Kazz
January 30th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Congrats Spud....that is what it is all about.....

peachhead
January 30th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Sounds like ya had a big ol' time. Go back and do it all over again tonight, so that when you get older you won't remember it (see the "remembering songs" thread...

(*edit-mean to say oldER...sheesh)

mainestratman
January 30th, 2010, 01:10 PM
:beer:

Commodore 64
January 30th, 2010, 01:44 PM
That sounds so cool spud. I hope that someday I can play to a crowd, of even 10 people.

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Nice! I am happy for you!

street music
January 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM
congrats Spud, sounds like a great success.

aeolian
January 30th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Good on you and the band. You can call yourselves "Dirty Vegas," except the name's already been taken.

Monkus
February 2nd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hey thats why we do it !!!! Congrats !!!!

sumitomo
February 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Well alright! Sounds like you might have to add to the band's name Phatbone and the Glitter Dogs! Woof! Woof! Glad you guys are finally having fun.Sumi:D

Bloozcat
February 2nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Wish I could be there to hear you, Spud. Sounds like a great time...:AOK

Brian Krashpad
February 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
A'ight! Rock on dude.

Needs pics of flashes.

;)

Spudman
February 2nd, 2010, 04:08 PM
A'ight! Rock on dude.

Needs pics of flashes.

;)

There was even more nastiness going on and I had my camera hanging on the left crash cymbal stand but...what can I do mid song? We'll be back in a few weeks and I'm sure the bizzareness will be ongoing. I'll hopefully get another chance to entertain all your devious yearnings.:french

Brian Krashpad
February 3rd, 2010, 07:18 AM
Haha, go to town, pardner!

Sounds great.