PDA

View Full Version : behringer sonic exciter

BigBadWolf1171
January 31st, 2010, 05:25 AM
Anyone use one of these before? ive been curious about these processors for a while now and figured its time to give one a try.Apparently they're suppose to add warmth and tighten up the bottom end and and add clarity and crispness to your top end.After reading 4 hours of reviews (all good reviews)and with it being relatively cheap @ 100$,it doesnt seem like a bad piece to add to the gearpile.any opinions or experience with these?
Allen

Spudman
January 31st, 2010, 01:07 PM
You know, I know of very few people who use these. Almost everyone can get a great tone without them. The exception might be with some of the brutal heavy metal genres. Sometimes the scooped guitar tones with a lot distortion can benefit from the extra processing.

My opinion is if you are playing more classic rock and clean then I wouldn't waste the money on it.

BigBadWolf1171
February 1st, 2010, 07:25 AM
You know, I know of very few people who use these. Almost everyone can get a great tone without them. The exception might be with some of the brutal heavy metal genres. Sometimes the scooped guitar tones with a lot distortion can benefit from the extra processing.

My opinion is if you are playing more classic rock and clean then I wouldn't waste the money on it.
i like a little of everything, aslong as it has nice melody to it. but i generally play hard rock/slower metal, depending what you wanna call it. im hoping it will help kinda clean up the distortion a little and maybe get some of the muddyness out. ill let ya know in a few days how it works out:AOK

deeaa
February 1st, 2010, 10:35 AM
the thing with behringer is its total c**p in quality...pretty much all they make. maybe a few passable pieces of gear...but in the end have always been disappointed.there's even worse stuff like alto and phonic:.but still,don't except great quality...but I guess you knew that already.

them exciters in general...can be great for certain sounds...really bring a bass alive or help get a great jngly brit rock sound, or overall deepen a clean sound ni ely.

BigBadWolf1171
February 1st, 2010, 11:21 AM
the thing with behringer is its total c**p in quality...pretty much all they make. maybe a few passable pieces of gear...but in the end have always been disappointed.there's even worse stuff like alto and phonic:.but still,don't except great quality...but I guess you knew that already.

them exciters in general...can be great for certain sounds...really bring a bass alive or help get a great jngly brit rock sound, or overall deepen a clean sound ni ely.

yeah i kinda figured it wouldnt be the best quality, but reviews were good on it and its relatively cheap,compared to bbe's product, and with the behringer having a few more knobs of adjustability,i figure what the heck. we'll see how it works in a few days.

FrankenFretter
February 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
You can find the BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer for $99 at most music E-tailers. As the owner of two BBE pedals, I can't say enough about the high quality of their products. I've never owned any Behringer stuff, so I don't have a real comparison, but if you can get a BBE for the same price, why not?

BigBadWolf1171
February 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM
You can find the BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer for $99 at most music E-tailers. As the owner of two BBE pedals, I can't say enough about the high quality of their products. I've never owned any Behringer stuff, so I don't have a real comparison, but if you can get a BBE for the same price, why not?

as i read 4 hours of reviews on the behringer, i spent some time reading about the bbe as i was just looking for info on them as a whole, as to what they offer to the guitar chain. both got good reviews and were the same price. looking at the front panel of them both, i noticed the behringer had alot more knobs of adjustment,which is something i enjoy tinkering with. Im a stickler for fine tuning and testing different things.