PDA

View Full Version : Gun For Guitar?

yeti66
January 31st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hello Everyone, hope the new year is treating all of you well.

Did anyone catch the history chanels show pawnstars? on one of the latest episodes, this guy had an old gun laying around his house and his wife wanted him to get rid of it, in return his wife told him whatever he got for it he could use to purchase a new guitar for himself!

Rick "one of the owners" made the deal come together for both him and this guy! came up with a mint condition 78 Gibson LP, I couldn't tell which model it was:confused: but it was a real Gibson! not a fake!! the guy got himself a smoking deal!!

He said at the end that he was hoping to get maybe $200-$300 for it, instead he got a $1000-$2500 guitar!!
:bravo:

mainestratman
January 31st, 2010, 04:57 PM
Good idea... I have a handful of antique guns that I really don't want laying around and collecting dust any more..

M29
January 31st, 2010, 05:18 PM
I have guitars for guns.....Well...maybe a couple...

mainestratman
January 31st, 2010, 05:21 PM
I wonder what a WWII Japanese Luger-style pistol would get me... besides arrested... lol

M29
January 31st, 2010, 06:41 PM
I'm not up on WWII Japanese firearms but I imagine it is worth quite a bit.

mainestratman
January 31st, 2010, 06:44 PM
I checked around online.. at most it would get me a used SG...

MichaelE
January 31st, 2010, 08:06 PM
The Japanese Nambu pistol was a pretty piss-poor sidearm...and it was considered Japan's best.

Many of their own officers wouldn't even use it.

mainestratman
January 31st, 2010, 08:29 PM
That's what I've read. I have a Type 14, the leather holster with shoulder strap, a spare magazine (I think) and a cleaning rod. There's even a few 8mm shells in the holster. Yeah.. live ones.

Unknown Fan
February 2nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
I have guitars for guns.....Well...maybe a couple...

What kind of guitars?

I may have a custom AK I could let go for the right guitar, bass, amp, etc...

M29
February 2nd, 2010, 08:41 PM
AK's are running pretty high of late. I don't have any guitar worth that at the moment and my amphs are few. I had a nice Hungarian AMD63 but let that go a while back.

Unknown Fan
February 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM
AK's are running pretty high of late. I don't have any guitar worth that at the moment and my amphs are few. I had a nice Hungarian AMD63 but let that go a while back.

roger that, even Century WASR's aint cheap nowadays...

This Polishgun is an Arizona Response Systems build, Polish sidefolder...
I have used it in several classes (Tactical Response, Suarez Int)
I also now have 2 Jim Fuller (Rifle Dynamics) guns 1 in 7.62 and 1 in 5.45.
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn291/elgob/warriors%20and%20gear/dogsandaks013.jpg
I highly recommend either one of these builders if any of you guys ever need an excellent fighting AK.

mainestratman
February 4th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I highly recommend either one of these builders if any of you guys ever need an excellent fighting AK.

Those would be great for the Zombie Apocalypse. :-)

MichaelE
February 4th, 2010, 09:05 AM
ARS does some of the best work in the country. Nice guy too.

I never had him do any work for me as I build and refinish my own FAL's and StG.58's, but I've taked with him and read very good comments such as yours.

Ch0jin
February 11th, 2010, 02:47 AM
AK's are running pretty high of late.

Wow really? That surprises the heck out of me being that they are, by a long way the most prolific AR on the planet. I know you can buy one in Somalia for a chicken :) They are also pretty basic tech wise so whats the reason for the high asking prices?

I've never owned one (Closest I came before the law changed was an SKK), but I sure put some rounds through a few when I was in Vietnam and Cambodia.

I recall seeing that movie "Lord of War" after having fired a few AK's and thinking "Bah BS!" when he says "they never jam". One in particular I got to use, I assume Russian made as the markings were Cyrillic, would jam in full auto after 3-4 rounds. I got though a clip and gave it back for another, worried that if it was that badly maintained..........

An exciting weapon to shoot for sure, but then I spied the M60 and the soviet RPG's in the armory and I forgot all about the jamming AK :)

Ahh Cambodia. What a great trip, I got to bust out two drums of .45 in a Thompson SMG too. Now THAT was cool!

and to keep it on topic....umm, for what I paid to use the Tommy, AK's, RPG's, Frag grens, M60 and M16 I could have maybe bought a decent Epi? I stand by my choice :)

Ch0jin
February 11th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Those would be great for the Zombie Apocalypse. :-)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. A man after my own heart.

I'd pack an AK with red dot sight and an AA12 shotty and something like a colt 1911A, I dunno, a large caliber sidearm in any case.

(in reality I think thats A. too heavy to carry, and B. too many different types of ammo to carry, but hey)

Bring on the Zombies!!!

(note: in video game world I use a German MG42 to great effect against zombies in COD 5, so maybe pack one of those too, u know, just for home defense)

mainestratman
February 11th, 2010, 05:44 AM
The the case of zombies, I'd carry two weapons with my.. my trusty .308 to reach out and touch (one shot, one kill) and my trusty 12 gauge pump for the close-in combat.

While something on full auto is exciting and dramatic, I'm thinking about ammo conservation at that point. ;-)