PDA

View Full Version : My wife bought a new vacuum cleaner...

Robert
February 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Just check out the name of this monster...

A Dyson 23 Motorhead Animal

Wow, doesn't that just sound like it would fit a heavy rock guitarist! :thwap

I think I will play "Ace of Spades" through my Marshall, next time the wife is cleaning... :happy :crazyguy

I don't feel so guilty buying gear, since this monster vacuum machine costs more than my last two guitars did... but it sure works great this thing. No filter, and you can see where all the dirt collects, a container made out of transparent plastic. Going over the rug for a few minutes filled up that container in no time! :what What a dirty rug we musta had!

I gotta say, I'm impressed. This thing cleans like there's no tomorrow.

And the visuals - just look at this baby - it's like something from the movie Aliens!

http://media.dyson.com/images/products/vacuums/hog_DC20-STOW-ANIMAL.jpg

bcdon
February 3rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
I bet that thing could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch! :crazyguy

sunvalleylaw
February 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
We have a Dyson, the regular one that was selling a couple few years ago. It has been a good machine. What happened to that iRobot one you bought last year or so?

Spudman
February 3rd, 2010, 05:21 PM
Ya, isn't your Robot going to be jealous of the new "big guy?"

peachhead
February 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
Dysons rock, I caught one on sale a few years back and it has kicked some serious dust bunny butt. Good deal!

Robert
February 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Ya, the iRobot is whining and crying about it, but they take turns. Little robot gets to go automatically since it can be programmed. Then big mama Dyson takes over for the serious dirt. :)

Team work! :AOK

Geraint Jones
February 3rd, 2010, 07:05 PM
We`ve been looking at getting the same one , our German Shepherds moulting at the momement and every time I step outside I get mistaken for a Yeti . And yes I`ve just had to sell 2 guitars to come up with some funds.

tjcurtin1
February 3rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Looks kinda scary to me...

BTW, last week I was walking down the hall at school with a vacuum I had borrowed for my classroom rug, and the woman who does our after-school child care saw me and said, "Ooh, how exciting, a man with a vacuum!" I told her I was going to try it at home as soon as I got there....:AOK

She then added, "I've NEVER seen my husband with one."

rylanmartin
February 3rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
Oh man, Robert...you guys should've saved your money.

wait for it....

I heard that vacuum really sucks.

*insert rim shot*

ted s
February 3rd, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hey Robert, we have been thinking about the same, we have hardwood floors. Does it exhaust up or out the back blowing the crap (pet fur) you have not yet picked up all over the place?
A proper gear review is needed. Thanks

bcdon
February 3rd, 2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Robert, we have been thinking about the same, we have hardwood floors. Does it exhaust up or out the back blowing the crap (pet fur) you have not yet picked up all over the place?
A proper gear review is needed. Thanks
I have wood floors as well and have found a good old Shop Vac is the best! Not only is it cheap but you can use the back-blow as leaf-blower-of-sorts to blow all those dust-bunnies from under the furniture and then swap the hose and suck'em up. Shop vacs are awesome and cheap! Spend all that saved money on guitar stuff instead.

SuperSwede
February 4th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Whoa! What a monster :R

I expect a video review asap :)

guitartango
February 4th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Wow

A British invention that actually works :applause ! Is it Made in the UK or the USA?

sumitomo
February 4th, 2010, 09:24 AM
After ripping up the carpet in my house and seeing the silt that lives under the carpet,you need a giant vacuum,now we have wood floors.Sumi:D

Radioboy950
February 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I think I will play "Ace of Spades" through my Marshall, next time the wife is cleaning... :happy :crazyguy

I bet that thing plays guitar too.
Better be careful. It'll start putting up gear demo videos and take over Dolphin Street.
You can't take it back to the store either because it already bonded with it's "host".

deeaa
February 4th, 2010, 12:58 PM
you guys have wives that vacuum? it is a man job, like cooking, snow work, repairs anddishwashing. mopping and washing and laundry are women jobs.welldishwashing can be shared.

just strum
February 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM
So are we going to show pics of a vacuum cleaners?

How many people name their vacuum cleaners?

What belts do you think are best on a vacuum cleaner?

Has anyone done a mod on their vacuum cleaner?

Where do you set your vacuum level (action) on average carpeting?

Just some questions you would find on VACNET.NET

ted s
February 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
My current vacuum cleaners name is..
"you &#*^ing ignorant piece of $hit"

otaypanky
February 6th, 2010, 01:27 AM

Uh huh ~ tight bottom end with lots of chime and sparkle ~ :rolleyes:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/TubeVac.jpg

Kazz
February 6th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Great vac.....should have saved the money tho. This is ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

A couple of years back Dyson let their patent expire and Hoover swept in (pun intentional) and picked up the patent to the Dyson 3 technology. They used it to produce the Hoover Whisper....it is a 100% clone to the Dyson 3....and it sells for $100.

Fatwallet dot com is down right now but when it is back up if you search for whisper dyson you will find the article by a well respected member who outlines all of this.

That being said....the Motorhead is an awesome vac....but dollars to donuts the whisper spanks its proverbial butt :-)

tjcurtin1
February 6th, 2010, 04:35 PM

How many people name their vacuum cleaners?

What belts do you think are best on a vacuum cleaner?

Where do you set your vacuum level (action) on average carpeting?

Just some questions you would find on VACNET.NET
:rollover :rollover

tjcurtin1
February 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=otaypanky]Uh huh ~ tight bottom end with lots of chime and sparkle ~ :rolleyes:

You are crazy, man! Too funny! :master :rollover

otaypanky
February 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I found that modded Hoover when I stopped in to see my local amp tech one day. He was feeling creative I guess ~
He also made up a few Xmas decorations for his tree

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/Tubeornament.jpg