PDA

View Full Version : My new instrumental tune!

Telewanger
February 3rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Here is a brand new instrumental song of mine hot off the CD burner. I call it Screwdriver! Hope you like it. It is not mixed and mastered too well yet, but sounds decent.

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/screwdriver.mp3

Steffe1973
February 4th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Awesome!!!! 110%!!:happy :happy :happy :happy
I get an good Eric Johnson feel in the playing,
ever listened to him?

Man, mooore of this!!!!!:applause

Unknown Fan
February 4th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Mr. Wanger

Very nice, sir...

I always enjoy your files.

Thanks

Tig
February 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Really nice music, T-W!
I love the different tones, playing styles, and textures to came up with.
:AOK

Telewanger
February 5th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks Guys!

How does the actual mix sound? What needs to be done?

helliott
February 6th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Outstanding piece. :applause :applause

There's not a thing really wrong with the mix. I might prefer the guitar a little more down in the mix, which you could easily do by EQing some mid out of the guitar or adding it to the rest of the instruments. I could also stand to hear the bass just a tad more prominent, although it's hard to tell through mid-quality computer speakers.
Love the guitar tone and playing.

FrankAxtell
February 7th, 2010, 08:04 PM
nice tune...very Satriani influenced, nice job on this.

peachhead
February 7th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Enjoyed that- nicely done!

Telewanger
February 8th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it.

I am a member of 7 different guitar forums, and a few songwriting forums. It is amazing how different the opinions are on the forums.

People say that it sounds like Rush, Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani etc., and some say that it totally sucks. I can play fast when I want to, but I don't want to play a bunch of Neo-classical runs and make a song out of them anymore. I used to want to be a speed demon, but I would rather focus on string skipping and bending now.

Some guys hate my guitar sound and some love it. I am a fan of Frank Axtell. I have been checking out his tunes for months.

Thanks again for your feedback!

jbmuso
February 8th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Nice!!

I love the sound of the electric. :dude

oldguy
February 9th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Really nice song, Tele. You've got that EJ vibe you've been working on going, and you're own spice added to it. Makes a real tasty sonic stew, man.:AOK