PDA

View Full Version : It Might Get Loud ,anyone ?

Blaze
February 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Does someone here have seen this documentary..

Good or no good ?

_ilEvbl3Vv0&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Pickngrin
February 4th, 2010, 09:17 AM
It's excellent. I highly recommend it. And watch the extras on the DVD... some good footage.

I love the part of the film when Page stands up and starts playing the Whole Lotta Love riff and Jack White and the Edge are agape like little boys.

msteeln
February 4th, 2010, 11:51 AM
There's a second or two worth of Zep footage from the '73 Frisco/Kezar Stm. show in Page's portion, and I was there!

Retro Hound
February 4th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I thought it was great, but I really don't like Jack White after watching. He's a gooberhead in this vid and the one time they had him playing some solo stuff he stunk. I do like the riff to 7 Nation Army, but that's about it. I will say this about him, he seemed humble enough to know he was with betters.

sunvalleylaw
February 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I have not watched it yet, though I want to. I am thinking of watching it on my iMac using headphones via iTunes rather than renting a DVD. I bet it would sound great through my phones!

Ro3b
February 4th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I thought it was great, but I really don't like Jack White after watching. He's a gooberhead in this vid and the one time they had him playing some solo stuff he stunk. I do like the riff to 7 Nation Army, but that's about it. I will say this about him, he seemed humble enough to know he was with betters.

I had exactly the opposite reaction. I hadn't really paid much attention to Jack White or his music before seeing the movie, and I thought he came off as a very smart, thoughtful, articulate guy who has clearly put a lot of thought into his music. Much like Page and the Edge, actually. I don't understand why people feel compelled to bash the guy.

The movie is fantastic. One of the more inspiring things I've seen.

sunvalleylaw
February 4th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I like a lot of Jack's licks, riffs and lines. I saw a clip of the film that made the interview with him look quite interesting to me. I hope the recordings of him show him in a good light. I am looking forward to seeing it!

jpfeifer
February 4th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Wow I'd love to get this video. I have a long business trip next week, I just may get it from iTunes to watch on the trip over to Germany. I'll need to kill some time.

--Jim

tunghaichuan
March 2nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
Just watched this last night. I thought it was very good.

I didn't know if I'd like it or not. I'm not a Led Zep fan, mainly due to hearing them over and over again throughout the 80s and 90s on radio. I'm not really a U2 fan, can't really stomach Bono. And I didn't really know much about Jack White/The White Stripes.

But it was a very focused and powerful look at the creative processes of the three guitarists. Page of course was riff monster, and still is. I gained a new appreciation of The Edge, even if I don't like most of the music that he and U2 made. Jack White's music still doesn't do much for me, but I understand where he's coming from with his approach to the blues.

Very good and definitely worth watching.

Radioboy950
March 2nd, 2010, 09:51 PM
Just watched it the other night (cable finally has it on demand).
I thought it was very good, but it missed the mark for being a great film.
I found most interesting the very early footage of Page.
I don't care too much for the "Edge" or Jack White, although I appreciate them as artists and their individual approaches to music.
3 out of 5 stars for me.

subhro
March 3rd, 2010, 12:17 AM
I saw it last night as well. Page is outstanding... I was drooling over his CD/record collection when they showed him putting on the "Rumble" record. The movie itself is uneven, and i'd have liked to see some more of the 3 playing together for it to be really a collaboration as opposed to just indivdual stories. But then, i don't think there are too many movies of this kind out there ( at least ones i've seen) so very happy someone made it.

oldguy
March 3rd, 2010, 05:00 AM
It's a good movie. You learn some history of each of the three musicians, and some of what makes them tick, and why they play what they do.
I enjoyed the fact that Jack White started saying he didn't like technology/effects, etc. Yet he ended up smiling and nodding at some of Edge's stuff, maybe he didn't care for it, but he wasn't disdainful.
The diddly-bo he strung up on the fly was slick, too.
They both showed JP some respect, that was cool.

kiteman
March 3rd, 2010, 08:04 AM
It was a good movie. To a general audience (non-musicians) it probably made a good story about three guitarists that are diverse in musical tastes, musical approaches, etc.

As a guitarist I liked the movie because I didn't know much about Edge and Mike but I like 'em, I respect their tastes. Matter of fact, I went to check out U2. I like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDkBzkA9L4s