PDA

View Full Version : Bill Schultz of Fender died

Jimi75
September 22nd, 2006, 08:01 AM
For those who care / a personal view:

I am innermost shocked.
Bill Schultz the president of Fender died.

Bill Schultz has been my boss for a very long time and he was a great person. He was one of the few persons who were able to motivate people in a very personal way. The best example is the phenomenal rise of the quality of Mexican Fender guitars - When everybody was frustrated and did no longer believe that Mexican Guitars get better, he was the first to see the people behind the work and to see their personal situation. With family meetings, barbecues and soccer tournaments ( Fender Mexico Team ), he opened their hearts for the company and the product we all love to play. He made you understand why a musician loves his instrument with only speaking a few sentences. During my early years with Fender at the tradefair in Frankfurt/Germany I really get to know Bill and his wife. You won't imagine, but he was the motor behind many signature guitars of young players (as long as the Fender remained a Fender in its character). I was surprised hearing him speak about persons like the guitarist of Blink182. He was highly interested in new music. When I decided to leave Fender, he said :"Everybody deserves a second chance. It is better when a son comes home, than losing him forever! The door will be open for you all the time"

The last time I met him was in 2003. I will remember him as one of the good guys in this business. His achievings for The Fender Guitars, the complete industry and its employees, all the countless musicians, and especially his efforts of keeping the Strat and Tele a timeless gem and not let the instruments dilute in oblivion after the hard CBS years, remain unbelievably precious and unforgotten.

Jimi75

Spudman
September 22nd, 2006, 08:19 AM
All those guitarists in the great beyond must have needed a guitar manufacturer. So long Bill, and thanks.

duhvoodooman
September 22nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
I hope he's up there listening to Jimi, Rory and Stevie Ray trade Strat blues licks right now! Thanks for everything you did, Bill.

Tinky-Winky
September 22nd, 2006, 10:41 AM
That's sad. He basically brought fender back to where they are now.

tremoloman
September 25th, 2006, 07:43 PM
That was a wonderful and touching story... he will be missed.

Robert
September 25th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for that tribute, Jimi. Sad to hear him go.

Riley
September 26th, 2006, 08:39 AM
:( I've been playing my Fenders the last few weeks!

Tone2TheBone
September 26th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks Jimi75 for sharing that story. I too have plenty to thank Mr. Schultz for and have been and always will rock on my Fenders. My MIMs have even more special meaning now.