PDA

View Full Version : Hardwire Reverb pedal

Duff
February 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Speaking of hardwire pedals, I tried out several reverb pedals in the last few days.

The hardwire reverb pedal won my preference by a long way.

There was no noise. The several settings had a few really enjoyable settings. Lots to tweak to refine these and other settings.

The spring reverb sounded great and the adjustments were very excellent.

The pedal sounded better than the stock reverb on a new Fender Super Sonic with a Celestion V30. Way better.

I might get one of these soon; but my sights are now set on the upcoming version of the Digitech Jamman stereo looper, an awesome upgraded pedal for only 60 dollars more. But then if they blow out the old Jammans I might get one of those if the price is low enough. The new version is way more incredible, including a separate gain control for the mic input and stereo inputs and outputs, and a lot more internal and external memory, mega memory, and a better access to stored loops.

Blaze
February 5th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I have the Hardwire Rv 7 , true bypass,build like a thank and great sounding..

oldguy
February 5th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I have one also. It's a good pedal, Duffy, I don't think you'll regret it if you buy one.

Tig
February 5th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Found a really good demo of it from ProGuitarShop.com.
Sounds really good! (thx for the GAS)
Vsxk1rJ4mWk

I can't ignore the super adjustable, mega assortment of great sounding reverb styles that the Electro Harmonix Cathedral Stereo Reverb has either.
IJ6kzw3x510

Duff
February 6th, 2010, 08:35 AM
The hardwire reverb is also supposed to be good for high gain guitars like those with active pickups like EMGs, etc. It is supposed to not clip when getting a strong signal from the high gain guitars like, supposedly regular reverbs can do.

I thought the tones were definitely superior and I was playing thru a Hot Rod Deluxe clean channel. Tried a bunch of other reverbs on the Supersonic at a different place, including the digiverb that wasn't even close.

Neal
February 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I also have one, and it is great. I've been on the BYOC kick lately, and from what I can see, they seem to have the up's on a lot of the boutique pedals. I'm going to try one of their reverbs.