PDA

View Full Version : What Games Do You Play?

ibanezjunkie
February 7th, 2010, 05:11 PM
what games do fretters play?

at this moment in time, i have 5 games installed and on the go...

Resident Evil 4, World of Warcraft, Assassin's Creed, M.O.H Pacific assault and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars.

PC, Mac, XBOX, PS, whatever floats your boat.

Robert
February 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I don't have time for gaming these days, but last time I did, it was Zelda Majora's Mask on the Wii. Also, Raving Rabbids on the Wii.

MichaelE
February 7th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/London0001.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/EGLL0008.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/LOWI0006.jpg

peachhead
February 7th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Lately, Wii Sports with the kids (whatever they pick). I never realized the Wii was going to be this much fun. We have a blast with it.

sunvalleylaw
February 8th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Hmm, Apples to Apples, Hearts, sometimes Monopoly, or whatever the kids want to play. I don't do too many electronic games it seems.

phoenix_p0
February 8th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Just waiting on Conduit being delivered for the Wii...

At the moment though, Fallout 3, Championship Manager 03/04.

SuperSwede
February 8th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Just finished Fallout 3! I really dont play a lot but I do love playing Battlefront 1943!

syo
February 8th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Don't have much time to play anymore except when traveling. Just finishing up (after my last trip) Dragon Quest IX "Hoshizora no Mamoribito" for the DS. Mostly old school RPG action for me. Also have alot of fun with Korg DS-10 synthesizer (for the DS). Not a game really but lots of creative fun.

marnold
February 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I just got Neverwinter Nights 2 and two of its expansions working on my new box via Cedega, so I've been playing that more than anything lately--although I haven't been doing much gaming at all. I've got to get back and finally finish Brutal Legend and Dragon Age: Origins on my PS3 one of these days. Then there's the latest Community Bonus Pack stuff for Unreal Tournament 3 that was finally released for the PS3.

Commodore 64
February 8th, 2010, 09:26 AM
We finally broke down and got a Wii. My girls love it, and I do too. Unfortunately, last week I only practiced guitar a little bit, as my girls wanted to 'watch yoshi', play mario kart, or watch me play zelda.

tunghaichuan
February 8th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Just got my Core i5 machine up and going. It as an nVidia GTS 250 video card, 4 gigs of ram and a 500G hard drive running Win7. I installed a couple of games I got off the reduced rack at Target: Sacred 2 and STALKER. I also installed Titan Quest: Immortal Throne and the original Sacred on my new machine. I also have Witcher to install as well. I'm a bit behind the curve on video games.

I'm looking forward to the new Diablo III when it comes out. I played the hell out DI & DII (no pun intended.)

ibanezjunkie
February 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Just got my Core i5 machine up and going. It as an nVidia GTS 250 video card, 4 gigs of ram and a 500G hard drive running Win7. I installed a couple of games I got off the reduced rack at Target: Sacred 2 and STALKER. I also installed Titan Quest: Immortal Throne and the original Sacred on my new machine. I also have Witcher to install as well. I'm a bit behind the curve on video games.

I'm looking forward to the new Diablo III when it comes out. I played the hell out DI & DII (no pun intended.)

im starting a PC Build similar spec to yours soon i hope, but AMD Phenom X4 instead of Intel i5.

you played Left4Dead or Left4dead 2?

tunghaichuan
February 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM
you played Left4Dead or Left4dead 2?

No, can't say I have. Those are zombie apocalypse survival games, right?

ibanezjunkie
February 8th, 2010, 01:27 PM
No, can't say I have. Those are zombie apocalypse survival games, right?

yeah, but they're crazy fast paced. all kinds of weird stuff happens in them. its less like zombies more like 28 days later.

lespaulgb
February 11th, 2010, 03:47 AM
On PS2 I've got GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas on the go plus SIlent Hill 2 and Final Fantasy X.

We got a 360 before Xmas and have Halo Wars, GTA 4, Soul Caliber and Fable which I'd be playing if the Xbox hadn't died :thwap

Mrs LPGB's sister may know someone who can fix it for free as it was second hand.

FrankenFretter
February 11th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Aggravation, Sorry, Connect Four, Tic Tac Toe, Wormy Apples, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and when we actually have adults over it's Seinfeld Trivia lately. I used to play Unreal Tournament, Painkiller, Medal of Honor series, and Dungeon Siege to name a few. With a family, I don't have time for that anymore.

Monkus
February 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Assassins Creed II, Mario Galaxy, Scene It!, just got Neverwinter nights, havent installed it yet, maybe after this trip.

pes_laul
February 11th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I'm not a big gamer but I do play alot of oldskool snes games on my computer emulator dealio. I also enjoy grand theft auto 4 when IM at my dads :dude:

Eric
February 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I'm not a big gamer but I do play alot of oldskool snes games on my computer emulator dealio.
+1 on that. I really love those Squaresoft RPGs (Chronotrigger, FF3/6, FF2, Secret of Mana, etc.)

I've also been known to play the Halo series and Ninja Gaiden on the xbox and FF7 and lots of LucasArts games (Full Throttle, The Dig, Loom, Monkey Island series) on the computer.

I recently broke down and bought an original xbox, but don't end up playing it too much. My toys these days have more to do with operating systems, recording, and guitars. Boring, I know. Still, I'm not opposed to some video games once in awhile.

In games not involving glowing rectangles, I like Cranium, Catch Phrase, Cribbage, Settlers of Catan, and Apples to Apples. You know, the top-40 board games.

Commodore 64
February 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Just picked up Barbie Horse Adventures for my daughter today. Can't wait to try that one. :help

pes_laul
February 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
+1 on that. I really love those Squaresoft RPGs (Chronotrigger, FF3/6, FF2, Secret of Mana, etc.)

I've also been known to play the Halo series and Ninja Gaiden on the xbox and FF7 and lots of LucasArts games (Full Throttle, The Dig, Loom, Monkey Island series) on the computer.

I recently broke down and bought an original xbox, but don't end up playing it too much. My toys these days have more to do with operating systems, recording, and guitars. Boring, I know. Still, I'm not opposed to some video games once in awhile.

In games not involving glowing rectangles, I like Cranium, Catch Phrase, Cribbage, Settlers of Catan, and Apples to Apples. You know, the top-40 board games.
Yes! Chrono trigger is possibly my all time favorite game.

@nthony
February 12th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I'm a big big Civilisation IV fanatic. It gets int he way of guitaring!

ibanezjunkie
February 12th, 2010, 05:48 PM
im more of a nerd lately, and as a result...

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/LeadGuitar2009/WoWscreenshot.png

kiteman
February 12th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Duke Nukem 3D. :notme

mainestratman
February 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
@Kite: :beer: Can't beat the classics!!

I just got my woman into my favorite.. can't wait for III to come out.

http://www.pwned.com/gamecovers/pc/be96a522fc3878d729cc5ae69657607d-Diablo_II__Lord_of_Destruction.jpg

Commodore 64
February 18th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Wii Punch Out and Legend of Zelda (the original, downloaded on the Wii) have recently been added to the list. My shoulders actually are sore from Pumch-Out. How sad is that?

tunghaichuan
March 9th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I've been playing this game (http://www.torchlightgame.com/) a lot lately. From the creators of Diablo and the Fate games (http://games.wildtangent.com/fate/). Got it from my local Best Buy for $20.

Torchlight is cartoony like Fate, but has some of the elements of Diablo, rare items, set items, sockets on items, etc. I've played through Diablo & Diablo II several times, and their associated expansion packs, so gettng the hang of Torchlight is fairly easy.

Also, I'm waiting for Diablo III to come out, hopefully it will be as cool as the initial gameplay footage indicates.

Monkus
March 9th, 2010, 02:50 PM
hooked on this for the moment and I dont lose any real $$$

http://www.miniclip.com/games/governor-of-poker/en/

Ch0jin
March 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I really got into Toy Soldiers just released on xboxlive arcade. There's a free demo and if you like it you can buy it on XBL.

It's a WW1 arcade style attack and defend game using toy soldiers (and toy tanks and toy planes etc) and to be honest, that description put me right off even trying it, but I'm glad I did. It's LOADS of fun!

It's the most RTS style Arcade game I've seen.

rylanmartin
March 9th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I got a Wii as a wedding present last year, and I probably neglect it far too much.

That said, I recently acquired a copy of the New Super Mario Bros. Wii...

I have blistered my thumbs playing it.

deeaa
March 15th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Duke Nukem 3D. :notme

I just bought that for Xbox360 the other day...failed to keep up the interest.
But, I also bought the original DooM and I'm halfway thru the 2nd episode and lovin' it :-)

deeaa
March 15th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I really got into Toy Soldiers just released on xboxlive arcade. There's a free demo and if you like it you can buy it on XBL.

It's a WW1 arcade style attack and defend game using toy soldiers (and toy tanks and toy planes etc) and to be honest, that description put me right off even trying it, but I'm glad I did. It's LOADS of fun!

It's the most RTS style Arcade game I've seen.

Good tip; also bought the game after trying the demo. Very good, nice hectic pressure on at all times and although easy & arcade still requires some thinking ahead.

Too bad it's so short, I played the allied side thru in two everings easily on normal setting, maybe like 4...5 hours max, and already going long way in campaign plus (german). And on hard it is, well, impossibly hard.

I should probably try the xboxlive network game on it next.

BTW I hate the missions with the Tsar Tank...for some reason on that mission nobody will shoot at the damned tank unless controlled directly...very annoying. All the big guns just stand there and stare...