PDA

View Full Version : Very cool guitar

Cranium
September 22nd, 2006, 06:44 PM
I was browsing a web site today and I came across a 79' strat, very cool looking and its being sold in a store, its probably very expensive and I wont buy it but I just wanted to share, the store is somewhat near to where I live so I can go and look I guess but I don't wanna piss myself right in the store ;). Anyway here is the link http://www.gbase.com/Powered/GearDetails.aspx?Dealer=1068e41a-1b8c-4596-84ab-4d247c0fc5ba&Item=797629 super cool guitar dudes!

warren0728
September 22nd, 2006, 07:05 PM
rudy's is not known for "deals". They are on guitar row in nyc and are quite pricey...sweet guitar though...

ww

Cranium
September 22nd, 2006, 07:09 PM
It is sweet, I want to cuddle and lick it. :rolleyes:

Spudman
September 22nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Those paisley finish guitars fetch a hefty price anymore. Good luck.

SuperSwede
September 23rd, 2006, 01:47 AM
Yup, I have seen that there is quite a demand for paisley strats. IF they show up in the stores here, they seldom stay for long.

oldguy
September 23rd, 2006, 04:01 AM
I like the finish, but I had a three-bolt neck w/ the bullet trussrod once on a black strat and that neck was junk. It twisted, warped, bent, never would stay adjusted. I was just a kid then, took it back to the dealer, he sent it back to Fender, they "heated and pressed" it and sent it back. It was only marginally better and I traded it for a Les Paul. Sort of a "once bitten" kinda thing for me on those necks.:confused:
The paisley is nice, though.:D

tot_Ou_tard
September 23rd, 2006, 07:53 AM
I saw a Tokai copy that looked EXACTLY like that one last week.

Nelskie
September 23rd, 2006, 09:48 AM
That birds-eye all-maple neck looks mighty tasty, as does that misty pink paisley finish - - waaaaaaayyyy rad! If I were you, I'd strap on an extra-absorbent pair of Depends, and beat feet out to that store for a test-drive. Really, what's the worst that could happen . . . ? You end up playing it? Plus. You end up buying it? Plus. You find another guitar that's even cooler? Plus! You end up wetting yourself? Not to worry (thanks to the Depends). Spending an entire afternoon in a music store checking out guitars, amps, and gear? In my book, that's time well spent. ;) GO . . . NOW!

Jimi75
September 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Be careful! Fender Strats from 77 to 79 are the worst quality ever. Sorry. Fender was afraid if their own Squier guitars of the very early eighties (well known for their quality I think) - the reason was that they had a severe qualitiy and mashine problem that originated some time in the 70s in their own US factories - that's why they spend almost 2 million dollars in new machines some time in 81-82. On top of that the necks and especially the birdy eyed tented to bend very soon.

Now go check that thing and have fun :o

Jimi75

SuperSwede
September 23rd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Well, if that guitar has lived since 79 without bending its neck, then it should be ok to buy. They looks like a pimps dream :)

tremoloman
September 23rd, 2006, 02:33 PM
I love those bodies... you could always get one of the Japanese reissues... they are reasonably priced and are on eBay regularly.

warren0728
September 23rd, 2006, 06:05 PM
I love those bodies... you could always get one of the Japanese reissues... they are reasonably priced and are on eBay regularly.
those japanese reissues are supposed to be really good guitars...

ww

SuperSwede
September 24th, 2006, 07:11 AM

Hell Yeah! who doesnt love japanese bodies? :D

warren0728
September 24th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Hell Yeah! who doesnt love japanese bodies? :D
yep...i am a fan of a nice japanese body...of course i like their guitars too ;)

SuperSwede
September 24th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Guitars? Oh... yeah, japanese guitars are very HQ.
Warren, I wonder if they eat pancakes in Japan?