PDA

View Full Version : Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 ideas

Duff
February 10th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Played a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 yesterday and was blown away by its great sounds. Even at low volume you can get great overdrive with the two gain channels, Classic and Ultra. Both channels have two voicings and the eq has a deep button plus tone switching button for each channel.

This is a versitile amp that you can get amazing sounds out of if you can find one.

You can turn it down low enough for home use and still get a lot of great gain, no problem, as you might imagine; plus you have the power to really crank it up when you feel like it.

I got relatively clean tones out of it with no problem. I got a whole lot of different gain sounds out of it needlesstosay. Awesome array of overdrive sounds. You can tweak this thing all day long and still not get all the tones out of it, it is so interactive. I think it is an incredible amp.

Someone might be interested in trying one if you are looking for a great head for lead work; even works great for rythym.

I can see getting one.

Anyone have any hands on experience with one of these that wants to share their experience?

mainestratman
February 10th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I have the JCM 2000 TSL... have had it since 2006.

I've operated it on 1/2 for most of its life, including gigs, there is so much raw power out of this thing... the highest I've had it at full power is 5. Wow. Just wow.

I love this amp and you will too. :-)

Robert
February 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah, those are nice, but I like my JVM even more. It can do the DSL sounds, and then some.

Duff
February 10th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I'll have to check out that JVM, Robert. Thanks for the feedback.