PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads 2010

Lev
February 12th, 2010, 03:35 PM
http://whereseric.com/eric-clapton-news/303-eric-clapton-announces-crossroads-guitar-festival-2010-happening-26-june-chica

looks like another great line up, i'm excited to see a certain Mr. Bonamassa on the bill.

Albert Lee
Allman Brothers Band
BB King
Bert Jansch
Buddy Guy
David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas of Los Lobos
Doyle Bramhall II
Earl Klugh
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Hubert Sumlin
James Burton
Jeff Beck
Jimmie Vaughan
Joao Gilberto
Joe Bonamassa
John Mayer
Keb Mo
Pino Daniele
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sheryl Crow
Sonny Landreth
Steve Winwood
Vince Gill
ZZ Top

sumitomo
February 12th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Wow! Nice lineup,I am lookin forward to hear Robert Randolph tear it up again,he looked like he was having a blast on the last one.Sumi:D

kidsmoke
February 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I plan to be there. Anybody else?

MAXIFUNK
February 12th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Damn, that list was crazy!

I love Chi-town in summer!

Retro Hound
February 12th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I guess Dallas in the summer was just too hot! How much are tickets for this thing? I've seen the other two DVDs.

kidsmoke
February 13th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I guess Dallas in the summer was just too hot! How much are tickets for this thing?

Toyota Park is a nice little venue....only a couple of years old, built for the Chicago Fire, away from Downtown and right off a major highway. And yeah, it ain't Texas in June.

$100.00
Presale Friday the 19th

duhvoodooman
February 13th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Man, I wish that wasn't 800 miles away!! :mad

Oh, well--another Crossroads DVD for the collection! :dude :applause

kidsmoke
February 13th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Only about 10 hrs from here to Oswego, DVM, I do it all the time.

Jeff Beck, Clapton, BB King, Bonamassa,(+ + +)same stage? Come on. How can you pass it up?

kidsmoke
February 20th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I got mine!!

Good lord, but Ticketmaster runs a racket. I seldom see a show in a place that seats more than 1000, typically less than 300, so ticketmaster seldom gets my money.
Buying these tix online this morning, every addtional page had fees. You need to by the tix, pay the

facility charge: 7 x 2
convenience charge: 12.20 x 2
processing fee: 4.85

I opted out of insurance, another 7 per.

extortion. Sad that its legal, sad that guys with Claptons clout can't sponsor an alternative.

Maybe I just don't get it.

back to the point though...I'm goin down to the crossroads, kids!!!!!:dude :dude

piebaldpython
February 20th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Great show. Seems like they might do an acoustic set with Jansch, Grossman and Keb Mo.

Where's the gal git-slingers?? No offense, but Sheryl Crow is noted for her looks and voice, not her git playing.

Vince Gill is a phenomenal git player. He plays some great bluesy stuff in addition to his chicken-pickin' on his Tele.

Big RASPBERRY to the Chi-Town organizers for not having Chi-Town's own electric slide virtuoso, Joanna Connor on the bill. She's a monster player and takes a back seat to no one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5bKqA-wOS4