PDA

View Full Version : NGD Almost

MAXIFUNK
February 14th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Well I picked up an American Stratocaster HSS black in color today.
After the kids go upstairs I decide pull it out of the gig bag and give it the once over and get to know it a little better.

As I am flipping it over you know giving it a good once over looking for flaws in paint job or scuffs dings I may have missed in the store. I hear something moving around inside the guitar. WTH you got to be kidding me right.
I removed the sticker over the whammy bar hole cover and start shaking the the darn guitar and flipping it over and I no longer hear the sound. But I happen to look down and on the rug I see a little black spring.

So much for American Made well anyway I put it back in the gig bag it goes back Monday for an exchange to the store I got this from they had only this one so they'll have to get a replacement from Fender but that's their problem not mind.

Needless to say I am not getting the warm fuzzy feeling form the made in the USA Strat. MY MIM, MIK, and MIJ Fender gear had no issues at all my 1st USA and day one there is an issue. :thwap

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM................................... ................ :nope

Dauntless
February 14th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Not used to Strats, are ya? :thwap

The spring goes in the hole to give an upward push to the trem bar so it stays put and not spinning or swinging around, while you play.
A lot of people use plumbers tape on the threads of the bar, instead of springs, for the same reason.

The sticker was there to keep the spring from getting lost.

ZMAN
February 14th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I had the same thing happen with two of my Squier Deluxe Strats. I turned them over to look at the back and I found a black spring in my lap.
I called the store and he said it was for the trem bar. I don't use the trem and screw it right down like a hardtail so I just put it in the case with the bar.
Not worth sending it back.

MAXIFUNK
February 14th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Not used to Strats, are ya? :thwap

The spring goes in the hole to give an upward push to the trem bar so it stays put and not spinning or swinging around, while you play.
A lot of people use plumbers tape on the threads of the bar, instead of springs, for the same reason.

The sticker was there to keep the spring from getting lost.

I have 2 already and neither of them had that issue so either the spring was either already lost or in place better. So, I was surprised to hear something rattling around in the guitar and more surprised when the spring fell out.

Thanks for answering the rookie is learning as I go.

MAXIFUNK
February 14th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I just put it in the case with the bar.
Not worth sending it back.

Thanks ZMAN good to know so I guess its NGD after all.

Commodore 64
February 15th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Yeah, be happy you got an extra one, in case you want to try some heavier strings on it. Is it possible they include an extra for that purpose?