PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

SuperSwede
February 14th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I finally got myself a iPhone! I really love it so far, I must have downloaded a gazillion apps already! :D

So what is the "must have" apps?

bcdon
February 14th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Although I mainly use the Mac/PC clients, the iPhone apps are nice additions.
- Evernote : A great tool to store/remember all the articles/documents
you see online. It has a great web-clipper where you can store portions of websites. http://www.evernote.com/
-Drobbox: Use this to sync files across multiple computers (on all of the internets!) and access them on any device. http://www.dropbox.com/

Robert
February 14th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I use a Reuters news app, a Weather app, aftonbladet news app, itick metronome, darkroom photo app, twitterific, facebook, flixter movies, and the coolest - the Ocarina of time.

kidsmoke
February 14th, 2010, 09:54 AM
from the non techie consumer side....

some great music/guitar related apps are:

planet waves "chordmaster" - identifies guitar chords, there position and even a strum function, run your finger across the strings and you can hear the chord.

cleartune tuner - amazingly accurate, but reliant on the mic, so it's useless around other ambient noise

daytrotter (online too!) fantastic source for new music/bands - exclusive in studio live recordings available for free download

Shazam - it listens to soundbites and identifies the artist/song

and of course, NO father with an iPhone should be without Atomic Fart.
That's all I'm sayin' :what

sunvalleylaw
February 14th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Congrats SS! I use mine all the time. I use the contacts and alendar with my iMac, and of course the mail, internet and phone. That is my primary use as a self employed person. For other apps, I use Facebook some, I use the Guitar Toolkit a lot for tuning, I use a metronome called iTick a lot, (there is one in the Guitar tool kit but I like the iTick one for some reason). The iMaps works great for me too! It is fun to get directions when you are on the road and see where you are in relation to your destination, as a little dot moving down the road.

sunvalleylaw
February 14th, 2010, 09:55 AM
+1 on Atomic Fart too, and I also have iFart. Plus a campfire I can put on the screen for atmosphere. LOL!

M29
February 14th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Will Fret Farts fit in one of those things?

SuperSwede
February 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
The facebook app is awesome and so is the iPhone safari (writing this on the iPhone). A fretnet app would be really cool!

I must try the ocarina Robert :)

MichaelE
February 14th, 2010, 07:01 PM
The Peterson strobe tuner is a must-have for the iPhone and it's damn accurate too.

Perfect Stranger
February 15th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Bump
Ebay
Pandora
ShopSavvy
Qik Video
YouTube
WebMD
Google
Where
Guitar Toolkit