PDA

View Full Version : Help with "Eminence" Marshall Speakers

Telewanger
February 14th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I bought a Marshall Valvestate 8240 for $75.00. Due to it having cap, overheating, other electronic problems, I have decided to just use it as a 2 x 12 speaker cab. I removed all of the electronics so it is just a cabinet with speakers now. I ordered a Bugera V55HD 55 watt tube head. I will use the Marshall 2 x 12 cab with the Bugera.

Are the Eminence 1256 speakers that came in this amp any good, or bottom of the line speakers? I can't find any info about them anywhere online for some reason. They sound pretty decent to me but I was just curious if they are as good quality as the speakers that Marshall puts in more expensive amps. Since they are older maybe the quality is better, but I don't know. The speakers are somewhere between 15 and 20 years old, I'm sure.

sunvalleylaw
February 15th, 2010, 12:07 AM
I emailed Eminence tech support from their site and got some information on a question I had about old Eminence speakers that are in that old Fender I received. The rep answered right away with what he could give me. I would ask them.

ZMAN
February 15th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Eminence still makes a 12" Legend 1258. They are on their website. I don't know if that is close to your speaker but I have Legends in my 2/12 and they are amazing.

Bloozcat
February 16th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah, they're probably Eminence Legend 1258's, 8-ohm version of the Legend 125. It is a fantastic speaker, pure American style rock tone.