PDA

View Full Version : Took the plunge...

Commodore 64
February 15th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Well I finally did it.

I scheduled weekly guitar lessons. My first one is March 4 at 8pm. Hope this starts gettin' me somewhere!

M29
February 15th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Cool Com64!!! :happy I just spoke to someone the other day at a guitar shop about setting up lessons. I have been somewhat isolated learning at home off the web. I am Looking forward to it, I am sure you are too! Congrats and all the best!

M

Plank_Spanker
February 16th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I've been playing for over 35 years, in and out of bands for most of it. After my last band folded last fall, I started lessons again and it's the best thing to happen to my playing in a LONG time. My instructor really pushes me and I'm starting to see the payoff.

Enjoy your lessons, Commodore. Don't be afraid to speak up with your instructor about where you wany to go / want to do with guitar.................you're paying him.

Eric
February 16th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Well I finally did it.

I scheduled weekly guitar lessons. My first one is March 4 at 8pm. Hope this starts gettin' me somewhere!
Cool. Every time I've taken lessons, I haven't seen the payoff immediately, but I've realized how much I learned later. I'm being very patient with this current batch of lessons. If nothing else, it gets me thinking about the guitar more and trying new things, which is the whole point.

Good luck and have fun.

WarLock
February 17th, 2010, 02:27 AM
That's great! Hopefully you got a good teacher! I've been playing for 25 years & I'm getting ready to go back for lessons myself. I really need a fresh perspective on things. :)

Brian Krashpad
February 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Break a leg! Have fun.

sunvalleylaw
February 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
That's great! I love online resources and self directed learning, but actual lessons face to face on a regular basis moved me along faster I think, especially in the beginning. The instant feedback and the need to be ready for the next lesson helped me progress faster. Kinda like working with a trainer for running, weights, etc., you have to do the work in between sessions to keep up.