PDA

View Full Version : Less Expensive Pointy Goodness! (Jackson Content)

Katastrophe
February 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Saw that Jackson has put some emphasis on the "lower end" of their guitar line, and improved the JS series a little bit.

See 'em here: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/features/js_series/js3.php#/js3/dinky3

I'm a big fan of pointy guitars, and that JS32RT in Trans Black just looks sexy to me. Body wood is Cedro.... Hmmmmm.... Some of the Squier teles are made with the same wood, in India. Jackson is a FMIC company.... Just wild speculation here, but if the same company is making these Jacksons, and they hold quality high, we might be looking at a good "bang for the buck" guitar. I can't wait to try one out!

Kazz
February 15th, 2010, 07:27 PM
That trans black is killer.

marnold
February 15th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Could be interesting. I'd avoid any of them with trems, if available. The JT580s on the Japanese models are actually quite nice. Not as nice as an OFR, but well beyond decent. My gripe with the JS Rhoads was that they had the jack on inside of the lower horn so you couldn't play it sitting down. The Japanese and American ones are on the top horn. Can't remember if there are any with a jack on the pickguard.

Katastrophe
February 16th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Could be interesting. I'd avoid any of them with trems, if available. *snip* My gripe with the JS Rhoads was that they had the jack on inside of the lower horn so you couldn't play it sitting down. The Japanese and American ones are on the top horn. Can't remember if there are any with a jack on the pickguard.

Yep, no trems on the JS3s... They are all TOM style, string thru body bridges. I recall reading somewhere that they moved the jack location on the King V to the inside upper horn, but haven't heard / read anything about the Rhoads. It's a fair gripe. It should be on the upper horn.

Talked to a guy at a guitar store yesterday about the new models. He said that they don't stock a bunch of pointies because sales can be cyclical, and didn't want to be flooded with a bunch of pointies that aren't selling. He said that they might order one or two dinkies to see how they sell. I gave him my name and number to call if he gets one in so I can try it out and report back here!