PDA

View Full Version : Duff's J and PJ basses thru Zoom B2.1u into Marshall MB series B30

Duff
February 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Just cranked my J bass thru my Zoom B2.1u into my Marshall MB series B30, a serious practice amp with normal and drive channels and three voices, all adjustable gain and a gain channel adjustable and an adjustable manual compression knob. What great sounds this rig gets. I'm playing a new Squire Affinity J bass with new Fender Hot Noisless J bass pups, pro installed. Also I am about to play my Peavey Zodiac four string PJ that sounds great as well.

That pedal with expression pedal, full size wah type, adds lots of really great tones and tweakability in multiple variables, very dynamic, assignable expression pedal. Made out of metal, on off switch, great pedal in my opinion. Useable sounds and fun to use, not intimidating or digital sounding. You can get some extra volume out of the amp and some great smooth sounds in addition to fuzzes, etc.

I should copy this over to the bass section. It is just sort of happening on auto pilot. The jazz bass has heavy flat wounds on it.