PDA

View Full Version : Danelectro FAB Distortion (video inside)

Robert
September 24th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Danelectro FAB Distortion - I have had this little plastic thing for a while now, and I am amazed at how good it sounds. I much prefer to the Digitech Hot Head I have. It sounds more smooth and less harsh. Reminds me of old Marshalls!

&raqou; Danelectro FAB Distortion Video (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-24.php)

Check out this clip with my SX Strat and my Hellhound trough my Avatar 2x12. First I play without pedal so you get an idea of what the basic clean sound is like. The pedal has all knobs around 12 on this clip.

What do you think? Can you believe this thing costs $14.95?!

The design isn't the best - the knobs located in an inconvenient place and the switch is awkward to step on, and the whole thing has no weight so if flips around easily if you stomp too hard on it - but other than that, it's the cat's pyjamas!

Justaguyin_nc
September 24th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Great Vid Robert.. I don't know how they get such a sound and package for $15.00.. they also have a FAB Metal version at the same price... although as you mention just a little weightless plastic box that flips around it still can put a smile on your face... thanks for the video..

SuperSwede
September 24th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Sounds great Robert! I bet you wont find more fun for 15 usd anywhere!

Robert
September 25th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks! It is a dinky little thing that I don't recommend using live, but it has a sweet tone. For 15 bucks, how can you go wrong!

Edit - By the way, this clip uses Flash, so you Quicktime haters can come too! :D

Jimi75
September 26th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Hey Robert, I recently had the chance to compare the FAB Distortion directly to the 275€ TC Electronic double Distortion.

Although the TC has some more features, I felt more comfortable with the 15€ pedal. Sounds weird, but it's the truth.

Regarding the live aspect - Last Friday I gigged for the first time with my FAB Overdrive and it worked out fine. No problems at all. Don't want to miss it on Monday, 2.10.06 when I play my next gig.

Those pedals are fun and one big advantage is that they react perfectly with the volume poti of the guitar.

Your video and your playing are great as always!

Leonidas
September 26th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Man for 15 bucks, i never thought it sounded THAT good! Thanks for the vid robert! soundin great as usual. :)

Jimi75
September 27th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Anyone try the FAB Overdrive?

I play it, just read my post.
If you want to hear it, I recently placed a clip under "homerecording & clips".

Greetz
Jimi75
:D