PDA

View Full Version : new here

IronMaiden666
February 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM
hey, im from massachusetts. ive been lookin around for a guitar forum, and this is the best ive come across. my types of music, is classic rock to heavy metal i.e: acdc, iron maiden, metallica, motorhead, boston, foriegner...and more i cant think of....if you have any questions feel free to ask

Commodore 64
February 18th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Nice music choice. Too bad you aren't from NE Ohio. We could get together and...um... practice.

IronMaiden666
February 18th, 2010, 11:59 AM
thanks....me and a friend went to the acdc concert back in july.....it was sick. Im waitin for Maiden to release there new album and tour this summer hopefull.

Commodore 64
February 18th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I saw Maiden in 2008 for the Somewhere Back in Time tour. They still get after it. I assume you've seen the Flight 666 Documentary?

IronMaiden666
February 18th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I WISH....ive seen bits of it on youtube, but i havent gotten around to seeing the full dvd.....im also going to mention what kind of equipment ive got, or want......ive got 2 rip-off strats, saving for a schecter. just bought a brand new line 6 spider IV. best amp ever. one of my guitars is actually a yamaha that i got for trading saints row 2 and an xbox 360 controller to my friend....it had a crappy paintjob on it, so i sanded it down and found a bunch of filler....looks like someone attempted to break it....it looks nice with just wood and no paint, but i just wish it didnt have filler every where.....im lookin around to try and find crap guitars to make work and look good, in my mind "EVERY GUITAR HAS A CHANCE"......that was just a little more about myself

kidsmoke
February 18th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Welcome aboard. I haven't been here long, but your right, great folks, great info.

but come on, You KNOW you love your James Taylor, mass. boy.

LOL:beer: :beer:

What're you playing?

IronMaiden666
February 18th, 2010, 12:37 PM
haha....james taylor is way not my type haha. he is the only famous musician that is from my area.....well that i can think of....but anyway...i take lessons and am currently learning solo'ing....ive only been playing for maybe 1 and a half years. been takin lessons for maybe 6 months now....but i love playin Iron Maiden....and some acdc, although acdc is quite simple and is all chords, it still sounds great. boston, i know is a little different from the type of music acdc is and iron maiden also, but i love most of there songs....my favorite being "amanda"

Commodore 64
February 18th, 2010, 01:02 PM
The more I play my Yamaha Pacifica, the more I like it. Last night, practicing, I started with the MK Patriot, then went to the Samick, then ended on the Pacifica. Tonight I'm gonna start with the Pacifica. The MK is probably the nicest guitar I own, but lately it's been hanging on the shelf more than any other.

MAXIFUNK
February 18th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the Group! :applause :dude

FrankenFretter
February 18th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Welcome! I love Maiden, too. Saw them twice; once for the Powerslave tour, and once for the Somewhere in Time tour. Both were excellent shows.

Robert
February 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Welcome! I learned to play guitar by listening to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. :)

IronMaiden666
February 18th, 2010, 07:41 PM
nice....UP THE RIONS \m/ haha

sunvalleylaw
February 18th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Welcome!

marnold
February 19th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Welcome! Good to see a few more 80s metalheads on here. I've got to buy that new Maiden DVD. I've seen chunks of it on VH1 Classic.

Katastrophe
February 19th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Welcome! Maiden is awesome. They are still putting out some great music these days, too.

IronMaiden666
February 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM
agreed.....i also still have to buy the dvd....ive only seen like a couple of the shows that are on it. im waitin on there next album thats releasing this year hopefully and i pray to go they are touring

Brian Krashpad
February 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Welcome!

mrmudcat
February 19th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Welcome!!

Seen Iron a bunch of times in the 80's:french