PDA

View Full Version : restoring

IronMaiden666
February 18th, 2010, 02:48 PM
ive been looking around on craigslist for a piece of crap guitar that is not playable, and even looks like crap. But i have not had any luck what so ever. I really want to restore a guitar back to a playable condition, because i think it would be awsome to own a guitar that i made my own. Do you guys think someone would toss an old crap guitar out, and throow it in the junkyard or something?.....basically, what are the chances of finding a guitar in the junkyard......

Commodore 64
February 19th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Just be patient with Craig's List. I nabbed an Epiphone Strat copy for $45 that needed a little workk

Yard Sales are good too, I nabbed an AXL SRO there with a real Seymour Duncan SH-4 in the bridge position for 10 bucks.

kiteman
February 19th, 2010, 06:33 AM
It's possible to find guitars in trashcans and my friend found one. It was an Area brand and had a broken tremolo.

Years ago I threw my Agile 3000 in the trashcan. It had a twisted neck and I stripped it before I tossed it.

Tig
February 19th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Don't forget to check pawn shops as well. As soon as you're not looking, one will show up!
I got lucky:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=13971
So can you.