PDA

View Full Version : 'notha show tomorrow

pes_laul
February 18th, 2010, 06:49 PM
So we got invited a while ago to play at that roller rink again.

They're having another all nighter tomorrow night. Its generally the same sort of deal.

Should have pics up soon :dude

Spudman
February 18th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Cool. Have a great show. I'm also playing Friday and Saturday in Red Lodge Montana. It's a ski town and it's also Winter Carnival this weekend so it's going to get wild!

Have a good time Pes.

mrmudcat
February 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Good luck and times brother!!

pes_laul
February 22nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
our show went really smoothly. Except for the fact we had to drive 35 miles back to our bassists house twice to grab the setlists, then his amp later. We should really get prepared better :thwap:

But we played really good and I had a pretty B!tchin guitar tone.

Though the only problem I had was my mic wasn't grounded right or something and I got zapped pretty good a few times.

Brian Krashpad
February 24th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Though the only problem I had was my mic wasn't grounded right or something and I got zapped pretty good a few times.

Kris-- does your amp have a polarity switch?

Sometimes simply putting the polarity to the opposite of how it was when you got shocked will solve the problem. Also, once you get your guitar rig up and running, before soundchecking vocally, give the mic a tap with your hand (not fingertips though) or arm. Your lips have a very dense collection of nerve endings and if you're going to get shocked, it'll hurt a lot less if you avoid your mouth getting zapped.

My main band, way back in its original incarnation, used to do a song called "Shocked In the Mouth," written by our bassiste Vicki about this very phenomenon.