PDA

View Full Version : Lead me to the building..FU!

tot_Ou_tard
February 19th, 2010, 09:21 PM
My favorite YouTube video of all time;

skCV2L0c6K0

Ch0jin
February 20th, 2010, 03:26 AM
In the dictionary under "Random" is that video..

marnold
February 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Apparently that's the soliloquy of somebody who was on acid, recorded by his friends for posterity, and animated.

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

birv2
February 20th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I have no response to this.

Ch0jin
February 21st, 2010, 12:34 AM
Apparently that's the soliloquy of somebody who was on acid, recorded by his friends for posterity, and animated.

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Wow, amazingly coherent if thats the case.

Ch0jin
February 21st, 2010, 12:34 AM
I have no response to this.

Well technically..........:poke

tot_Ou_tard
February 21st, 2010, 08:13 AM
I think the video is a treasure. its freakin' hilarious & some of the phrases have crept into our (my wife, kids, & my) expressions.

I get it, but I'm from another planet.

Robert
February 21st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Can someone explain this video and the title of the thread?

tot_Ou_tard
February 21st, 2010, 03:13 PM
Can someone explain this video and the title of the thread?
The video is unexplainable. The title of this thread comes from the video.

Eric
February 22nd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Umm yeah...I can't say I understand it.

Robert
February 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
What is there to get, if it's unexplainable?

Does anyone else think the guy talking is just improvising to random photos that come by?

Eric
February 22nd, 2010, 04:44 PM
Tot's fascination with it, I suppose.

oldguy
February 22nd, 2010, 07:36 PM

Does anyone else think the guy talking is just improvising to random photos that come by?

I think an animated lizard is using profanity.

Monkus
February 22nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
:what

some things cannot be 'un-seen'

:poke

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2010, 06:54 AM
Tot's fascination with it, I suppose.
Yup, I think it is pretty darn funny.

Not my chair, not my problem. :D

Geraint Jones
February 23rd, 2010, 08:06 AM
Tot I thought it was hilarious, much better the fifth time round , seahorses forever

sumitomo
February 23rd, 2010, 08:44 AM
All right young man I want you to march into that bathroom right now and wash that mouth out with soap! Sumi:D

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Tot I thought it was hilarious, much better the fifth time round , seahorses forever
They're like the clocks.

Geraint Jones
February 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
They're like the clocks.

Damn you , I had to watch it another 2 times , when I should have gone to bed . I`m creased up by the fact your whole family quotes this in everyday life .{I can`t say anything in our house as my 6 year old has to shout it in class }

kidsmoke
February 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
agreed, the notion that you and your family throw these things out as private jokes, when it's a totally random thing in the first place....hysterical.

tjcurtin1
February 23rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
??? Tot, WHAT planet are you on?!?!? Oh, maybe I should have said, 'from'? :poke

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
agreed, the notion that you and your family throw these things out as private jokes, when it's a totally random thing in the first place....hysterical.
Well my kids are older: 27 and 22. We were driving one day & they started riffing out those lines. My wife & I asked what the hell that was so they showed us on YouTube when we got home.

We couldn't stop laughing.

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
??? Tot, WHAT planet are you on?!?!? Oh, maybe I should have said, 'from'? :poke
The same planet as Cap'n Tying Knots.

We have things with seashells and seahorses on them: towels, bags,..

Eric
February 23rd, 2010, 10:17 PM

Drugs are bad, m'kay?
Hmm. Found this here (http://pitchfork.com/news/35868-dan-deacon-on-the-drinking-out-of-cups-video-i-have-never-done-acid/):

the video for 'drinking out of cups' (2003 meetle mice) seems to be going viral again, this time in the comedy world. sara silverman posted it on her twitter and 'opie and anthony' discussed it on their radio show. there is an amazing amount of disinformation and completely wrong information about this piece and i just want to clear some things up.

in 2002 i recorded myself watching television with the sound off doing a character that was meant to embody long island culture (where i grew up). i was NOT on acid when i made this piece. i have NEVER DONE ACID.

while i have no problem with psychedelics and think that they are important to human culture, i do want it to be known that i was not on any psychedelics or any drugs while making this piece. it was all stream of conscience, reacting to watching the tv, changing the channels, with the sound of, talking to it as if it were a person communicating back to me.

the track was on my 2003 album meetle mice. in 2005 or 2006 liam lynch came across the track as it was getting passed around on message boards and file sharing sites. he contacted me about making a video for it and about using my song 'big big big big big' as the theme song to his podcast show. i love liams work and of course said yes. the video has grown in popularity to the point where i get fan mail from soliders in iraq, blog about my celebrity comedians and its gotten 2.8 million views on youtube.

this is all great and whatever but i want people to know this video was created without drugs or acid. i'm glad that people like the video but lets just make this perfectly clear:

1. I WAS NOT ON ACID WHILE MAKING THIS VIDEO

2. I WAS NOT LOCKED IN THE CLOSED AND BEING RECORDED

3. I RECORDED THE TRACK 100% SOBER

4. I USED THE TRACK A SCHOOL PROJECT AS A SOLO VOICE/TAPE PIECE

5. I HAVE NEVER DONE ACID, AND LIKE JEFF LEWIS, NO I DON'T WANT ANY ACID, THANK YOU

6. YES, THAT IS ME TALKING AND I WROTE THE PIECE

7. ITS A CHARACTER SATIRIZING LONG ISLAND STEREOTYPES

8. THE SONG CAME OUT IN 2003

9. THE VIDEO CAME OUT IN 2006

its really insane to me that i have been the subject of two separate viral videos that exist simultaneously inside and outside of my music career. the internet is a strange place. i don't really know how i feel about this kind of stuff. while my work is weird and some what "experimental" its not that weird or that "experimental" where it should cause so much confusion and bewilderment among the mainstream audiences that it comes across. but i guess thats what happens when anything is out of the immediate ordinary.

anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this. please stick up for me if you see on message boards or youtube comment sections or anywhere if you see it being stated that i am on acid while making that piece. i made the piece to be funny and a piece of absurd humor. it was edited down and crafted with care. while it seems like a mindless ramble, some time and effort went into making it. if that ads or distracts from the piece so be it, it wasn't meant to be a process piece and i never thought i'd be explaining it or that it would be seen by nearly 3 million people.

i guess i should just be glad so many people enjoy it. however, to have it be stated that i was on acid time and time again takes away from any of the creative process i put into the piece. i'm not sure i'm getting my point across but i am tired of writing this and need to get back to work on whartscape. love you all.

dan deacon

kidsmoke
February 23rd, 2010, 10:53 PM
you don't like the lighthouse?
you suck.

Robert
February 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
Drinking out of cups, being a *****. Yeah ok, it's kinda funny.

Tot, lead me to your planet, **** ***. :)

tot_Ou_tard
February 24th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks Eric! I liked reading Dan's comments.

you don't like the lighthouse?
you suck.
:AOK

tot_Ou_tard
February 24th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Drinking out of cups, being a *****. Yeah ok, it's kinda funny.

Tot, lead me to your planet, **** ***. :)
It not just about swearing & it is seriously hilarious, not just kind'a funny.

At least on my planet it is. ;)

Eric
February 24th, 2010, 06:12 PM
It not just about swearing & it is seriously hilarious, not just kind'a funny.

At least on my planet it is. ;)
Unfortunately, now that I at least understand its origins a little bit, I do think it's pretty funny. I'm not to 'seriously hilarious' yet, but I'm getting there.

tot_Ou_tard
March 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately, now that I at least understand its origins a little bit, I do think it's pretty funny. I'm not to 'seriously hilarious' yet, but I'm getting there.
:poke you there yet ;)

kidsmoke
March 7th, 2010, 10:00 AM
who paid for that floor?

Eric
March 15th, 2010, 07:21 AM
:poke you there yet ;)
I find myself silently mumbling some of the lines from it from time to time, so maybe yeah.

Mr. Balloon Hands.

Tig
March 16th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Will it capture the "F'ing Youtube Title"? Not yet...

kHmvkRoEowc

Tig
March 16th, 2010, 09:08 AM
You'll either love or hate this one

IdbulV7cDjI