PDA

View Full Version : Carls-Custom-Guitars

Justaguyin_nc
September 24th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I been noticing this one name online at E-Bay and wonder if anyone has dealt with them before? It looks like they take parts from Allparts and put a whole guitar together with Fender lic. necks and all at decent prices..

Example: CUSTOM 70S STYLE GTR W/LIC'D FENDER STRATOCASTER NECK

This is a 4 bolt neck.. I guess a Gilmourish version... and just $299.00..
http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-70S-STYLE-GTR-W-LICD-FENDER-STRATOCASTER-NECK_W0QQitemZ7392710327QQihZ016QQcategoryZ47069QQ cmdZViewItem

Just wondering what others thought?

Here is a link to his store
http://stores.ebay.com/Carls-Custom-Guitars

Spudman
September 24th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I've emailed him before and checked out his web site. Nice guy.

I asked him if there were any reviews of his guitars and he was not aware of any. I couldn't find any at Harmony Central either. His guitars look good, are set up well and priced very competitively. I've had my eye on one for a while now.

What I've thought about doing is emailing some of the people that have left him feedback on Ebay to ask them what they thought of their guitar. Otherwise, I'm in the dark, but the guitars seem designed well.

Robert
September 24th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah Spudman, you don't have enough guitars. You can't possibly survive with only umphteen guitars or so! :) Just kidding...

Justaguyin_nc
September 24th, 2006, 09:33 PM
What I've thought about doing is emailing some of the people that have left him feedback on Ebay to ask them what they thought of their guitar. Otherwise, I'm in the dark, but the guitars seem designed well.

I did just that to a few.. only complaint is shipping time..

Response #1:
The guitar is nice quality-the neck is All parts so its a pro-quality neck. The body is nicely finished no flaws-its lightweight. The pickups were ok.k but I switched them to Dimarzios which I have in all of my guitars. My only issue was that the shipping was way to long. It took like 2 weeks to get the guitar. If you read his feedbacks it seems to be a consistent complaint.
Anyway, hope this helps.

Response #2:

You know, it is really good. I asked him to install a larger steel block tremolo, he charged me 50 which was a fair price, I am particular about pickups, and I cannot ultimately accept the ceramic magnet ones installed, but truly they sound good, especially with the tone rolled off, it is a strong volume woman tone, which is rare on a strat. As far as playability and fit and finish, beyond reproach, hassle-free.

It took a little while to get (not that long, but I was anxious)But it was way worth the wait and a real good price.

Well thats a few..
Might be worth a shot... If you don't mind the wait..
Would probably be a good buy.. only complaints he has is shipping..

Spudman
September 25th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Yeah Spudman, you don't have enough guitars. You can't possibly survive with only umphteen guitars or so! :) Just kidding...

What do they say? "He who dies with the most toys wins." :) Granted it's not a competition but...

Justaguyin_nc
September 26th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Oh I found out the Bodies are not from AllParts.. although carl said in email they are solid alder of a good quality.. He seems to be a player who does this for some extra.. also makes that hot plate for $20.00 sold on e-bay..

His music: WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/CARLJOHNSON