PDA

View Full Version : WoW! That feels good!

tot_Ou_tard
September 24th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I was just in the basement getting rid of junk & came across a box of old clothes that I put in the basement 5 years ago after getting in shape.

They were 38 in and 36 in (relaxed fit) waists. I now have a 32 in waist.
Quite a bit less fat and much more muscle mass. It's nice to know that I still haven't gained it back.

Here is the guitar connection.

The fact that I was able to quickly get in shape led me to believe that I might be able to do other things on my own volition that I wanted to do.

This led to me teaching myself how to speak French.

When that seemed to work, I felt it was time to tackle a deeper desire namely learning to play the guitar & here I am.

I still work out & practice my French. If I feel that the guitar is really starting to click then maybe I'll try something else. What would that be? I have some ideas, but I don't like to expose them until they begin to take concrete form.

ted s
September 24th, 2006, 12:44 PM
What a great attitude you have, good for you ! Quite admirable.

Cranium
September 24th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Good job, don't stop working out, I did and now I’m a fat *** with size 36-38 pants too, I think when you workout if you stop not only will you start becoming weaker you will also put on weight faster then before, that’s just my opinion of course, anyway keep yourself active, stay in shape and keep learning stuff, you never know when it might help in life. ;)

tot_Ou_tard
September 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Good job, don't stop working out, I did and now I’m a fat *** with size 36-38 pants too, I think when you workout if you stop not only will you start becoming weaker you will also put on weight faster then before, that’s just my opinion of course, anyway keep yourself active, stay in shape and keep learning stuff, you never know when it might help in life. ;)
I've brainwashed myself into thinking that I *like* to work out. Of course,
this requires near daily soapings. :D

lather rinse & repeat...

oldguy
September 24th, 2006, 06:07 PM
What would that be? Well, how about adding to guitar skills (slide?), learning another instrument (keyboard, steel guitar is cool, too). Maybe learning to set up, refinish, build the guitar of your dreams? Just some suggestions.
Kudos on the workout routine, also. I stopped yrs ago and have put on the lbs. as well:(
Glenn

tot_Ou_tard
September 24th, 2006, 07:00 PM
What would that be? Well, how about adding to guitar skills (slide?), learning another instrument (keyboard, steel guitar is cool, too). Maybe learning to set up, refinish, build the guitar of your dreams? Just some suggestions.
Kudos on the workout routine, also. I stopped yrs ago and have put on the lbs. as well:(
Glenn
I've already have a few slides. It's quite a blast! I'm not any good, but it's amazingly thrilling anyway.

Spudman
September 24th, 2006, 07:50 PM
What would that be? I have some ideas, but I don't like to expose them until they begin to take concrete form.

Don't go into the concrete business. It's hard work, long hours and you get really dirty. It's hard on your back too.:rolleyes:

Kudos to finding the motivation to make a lifestyle change and to stick with it. Don't worry about the soap thing, they will make more and you won't melt in H20 like witches do.

Endorphins are free and legal. Get all that you can, get plenty of anti oxidants and you'll keep that new edge and drive to stay involved in life more fully. It's cool that just doing even minor exercise regularly makes the body respond by getting stronger.

I'm an aging ex professional cyclist and when I'm fit everything in life comes together so much easier. The body is ready, the mind stays sharp and stress is a joke. Admittedly the older you get the easier it is to do other things you enjoy as well and to put off the workouts. Still, being fit allows me to undertake a greater variety of life stuff and still have the energy to do the regular things I enjoy too. It's just making the time to work out that is the most painful...so many guitars - so little time.:D

tot_Ou_tard
September 25th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Endorphins are free and legal.
I know a woman who knits and claims that the repetative hand motions releases serotonin.

My response: Yes, but what a freakin slooooooooow drip!

Spudman
September 25th, 2006, 06:58 AM
My response: Yes, but what a freakin slooooooooow drip!

Try skydiving. Endorphins AND adrenaline! Woo hoo!

tot_Ou_tard
September 26th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I'm an aging ex professional cyclist and when I'm fit everything in life comes together so much easier.
Do you have any stories of being on tour?

Was doping a part of cycling back in the day?

I did parachute once when I was a teenager. It was my Mom's suggestion she wanted to try it for her 40th b'day.

No free fall unfortunately--just a cable attached to the plane that immediately pulled the rip cord as you jumped from the plane.

The damn cable whacked me in the face. You steer the 'chute by pulling on two cords the left pulls you left and the one in your right hand pulls you towards the right.

Man we are really up here...
I gotta jump out of a plane?!?
...uummmmm...OK...jjuuUUUUUUuuummpp
WHACK
Rippp
ppoOOOOOOoooooofff
WOW!
Sh***t I gotta land in that postage stamp field waaaAAay over there?
I dunno.....
*craAcKlE* *pOp* *Major Tom this is ground control*
A Radio?!? They never said anything about a radio.
"Pull left"
...easy Ok left.

It was a gorgeous Northern CA day near sunset. It's amazingly peaceful and at the same time thrilling floating down from on high. The landing was easy, but then again I used to jump off the roof of my house, hit n' roll, fer fun.
What we used to do to pass the time before video games!

Spudman
September 26th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Do you have any stories of being on tour?

Was doping a part of cycling back in the day?

I have stories and photos. None, well most, of which are unsuitable for family viewing.;)

Doping is a must. Especially in the little leagues. Nobody gets tested unless you go to a national event. EPO, amphetamines, crank you name it. All those other guys were taking it and kicking my butt!:D

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2006, 02:59 AM
So what did you take Spuds?

Spudman
September 27th, 2006, 07:01 AM
I've taken a lot of flack...even taken that? It's not an easy one to take. I never did do any enhancements, but I was one of the first guys locally to consistently use a sports drink during an event. I got an edge from that. But drugs, never.

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I dont understand why people want to cheat.. especially by taking toxic substances. I thought it was about challenging yourself. Be proud Spud!

I wonder why all sport drinks have that awful fake lemon taste? Yuck.

Spudman
September 27th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I wonder why all sport drinks have that awful fake lemon taste? Yuck.

Try the orange then. Reliv's Innergize tastes really good in either flavor.

tot_Ou_tard
September 28th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Try the orange then. Reliv's Innergize tastes really good in either flavor.
Do they glow in the dark?