PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Guitars Collection

sumitomo
February 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
IohsqpFOmaQ&featureSumi:D:cool:

M29
February 23rd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Thank you for bringing that to us! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching it. I so much want the best for that man and it was so enjoyable listening to him tell his stories. :happy

Thanks a million sumi!!

guitarhack
February 24th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Peter Green is one of the best blues players ever!

Zip
February 24th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Interesting side-note, heard on the radio today where it was suggested that the real reason for Peter's problems was actually an experimental anti-depression drug he was taking in the '70's, rather than the LSD story that we've all heard.

sumitomo
February 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I was glad also to see Peter looking and sounding good,Zip I'll bet you can be sure of that,the stuff they were using would turn a NORMAL (whatever that is) person into a veggie.Anyways it was good to see him healthy,happy and with a guitar or 2 in his hand and also performing now and then.Sumi:D

Zip
February 24th, 2010, 02:29 PM
(Another interesting side note - I have a pair of 20" Sumitomo's on the rear of my truck ;))

sumitomo
February 24th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Ah good choice,they make good brake pads too!,but ya gotta have Hoosier's or the Goodyear Eagle's for the track.Sumi:D

Brian Krashpad
February 24th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Interesting.

First, I wanna know more about that Iceman.

Second, I cringed when the interviewer made it clear he apparently didn't know one of the most iconic Tele/Fender colors EVAR (Butterscotch) by comparing it to TV Yellow. (Not saying the 2 colors aren't similar, but who sends someone to look over a world-famous guitarist's axes who doesn't know about butterscotch blackguards, srsly?) Was also surprised to see that Tele had a 6-point bridge rather than a 3-barrel.

Funny Peter called the 335-type green Gibson "seaweed." Also funny how he remembers where he bought each one, but tends to identify them more by color ("I got this red one in San Francisco") rather than by model or maker.