PDA

View Full Version : My girl has a fat butt.. err.. bout...

mainestratman
February 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
So as much as I love my new blonde Fat Girl, her butt.. err.. bout... is HUGE.. 18" to be exact.

The only thing I've found is the TKL 9121... For MSRP of $400.

Any clues where I can find something for considerably less? :-)

Katastrophe
February 26th, 2010, 07:22 PM
So as much as I love my new blonde Fat Girl, her butt.. err.. bout... is HUGE.. 18" to be exact.

The only thing I've found is the TKL 9121... For MSRP of $400.

Any clues where I can find something for considerably less? :-)

Are you asking about a case? If so, maybe one for some of the 18" Gretsch models might fit...

mainestratman
February 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Oh. Duh. In my delight to talk about Fat Girl's extra large super jumbo butt, I forgot to mention I am looking for a case.. lol

Katastrophe
February 26th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Oh. Duh. In my delight to talk about Fat Girl's extra large super jumbo butt, I forgot to mention I am looking for a case.. lol

Lol...:bootyshake Would a dread acoustic case work?

Spudman
February 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Ibanez has some pretty large Hollow-bodies. Maybe they have a case that would work?

mainestratman
February 26th, 2010, 08:28 PM
@Kat - Standard dread cases are too small.. I need something with an 18" lower bout..

@Spud - I've been poring over the Ibanez (and online store) sites.. none of them list any actual measurements.

Blaze
February 26th, 2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.gatorcases.com/Custom/Pages/PrintSpecSheet.aspx?CategoryID=4410&CatalogID=9981

mainestratman
February 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks Blaze... I've been all over that site.. the case you linked is too narrow and short. :-)

6" tall
18" lower bout

I had all the measurements written down, but can't find them.. too lazy at the moment to remeasure.. :-)

wingsdad
February 26th, 2010, 09:13 PM
maine,
My local store is a Washburn/OS dealer. He's sold that model and the Wash equivalent. I may be stopping in this w/e on unfinished business from last w/e. I'll see what they say about a case. Meanwhile, why not email or call OS/Washburn customer service?

mainestratman
February 26th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Great idea Wings... I think I was going to do that, but I've been.. distracted.. today.. :-)

kidsmoke
February 26th, 2010, 11:29 PM
also, this guy is a Washburn dealer (http://www.funkymunkymusic.com/)with outstanding customer service, and has found cases for some odd sized guitars that I know of.....