PDA

View Full Version : Behringer Effects for Bass

t_ross33
September 25th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Just grabbed a couple of stompboxes for our bass player (well, for me, but I'll "hide" them at our bass player's ;)). Behringer BOD100 Bass Overdrive and BCH100 Bass Chorus.

Aside from the typical concerns with Behringer pedals being cheap, plastic housing, pain in the arse battery compartment etc. I must say these are great sounding pedals for the price (about $35 CDN). They are super quiet and have enough parameter settings to dial in anything from lush and thick to spacey and grind-core.

I've never played my bass through effects much, and this is the first OD pedal I've tried. I'm liking it! :cool: The OD pedal has individual high and low cut/boost dials. The low boost really kicks in some deep bottom end without being muddy. It also has a blend dial for mixing in just the right amount of OD vs dry signal.

Anyone else use pedals to fill out the bottom end? What do you use, if anything?

r_a_smith3530
November 5th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I am using a couple of things in my signal chain. My first bass specific pedal purchase was a Russian Big Muff. If you're looking for metal bass fuzz, this is it.

Much more sophsticated than the Muff is what I currently use, Tech 21's SansAmp Bass DI (stompbox version). It produces a smoother, more defined overdriven sound, much more suitable to jazz and blues.

I also am using a Peavey DeltaFex Twin rack mount unit. I add just a bit of flange to my sound. I can also put in a bit of reverb, if desired, using this unit.

Last, I have a Peavey CEL-2 Compressor-Expander-Limiter, but have not used it yet.

Although it produces no effect, I use a Boss TU-2 tuner inline as well. The beauty of this tuner is that it allows you to shut down your signal chain by engaging the tuner.

marnold
November 6th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Back in my bass playing days, I had a DOD bass chorus and bass equalizer and a Dunlop bass wah. I got the equalizer in a vain attempt to make my first bass not sound like crap. After I upgraded to a non-crappy bass, I mainly used it as an overdrive pedal but cranking all of the settings and my amp's pre-amp. The chorus was nice for a little fullness. I had a P-bass that was very punchy but lacked a bit in the fullness department. The wah was for giggles mainly.

Speaking of Behringer, I've got a Vintage Tube Overdrive for my guitar that I like a lot. The only thing is that once the battery dies, I'm going to hook it up to an adapter. Changing the battery on it is a PITA.

r_a_smith3530
November 8th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Speaking of Behringer, I've got a Vintage Tube Overdrive for my guitar that I like a lot. The only thing is that once the battery dies, I'm going to hook it up to an adapter. Changing the battery on it is a PITA.

My SansAmp Bass DI is like that. I went right out and got a wall wart for it!

pie_man_25
March 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM
my only problem with behringers is the amps, their pedals are good though