PDA

View Full Version : Rockin Down The Highway

M29
February 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
The sun is setting, the air is warm, (if you are down south of course). Crank it up, open the windows and put the pedal to the metal. This one never gets old.

HHJaqe12BIc&feature=fvwe2

Spudman
February 27th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Great tune. I finally ended up cover it about 25 years after it was released. A real fun tune to do with all the harmonies. It does seem to get ya going.

guitardan777
March 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Cool version.....
Doesn't that guy on the black Strat look like Robin Trower????
I thought - what the - naahhhhh.....

Tig
March 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I caught that whole concert on TV last month, and they sounded fantastic!
That might be a good DVD to buy... It runs about $9 new from some Amazon shops (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00064AEHY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1268242526&sr=8-1&condition=new).

M29
April 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM
guitar danny he sure does look like Trower! Somehow I missed your post.

Tig thanks I think I am going to pick it up. Those horns sound good too.

M

bigG
April 15th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Great stuff! :applause

I gave up on them when they became the Michael McDonald Band. :nope

Good to see 'em back in action! (And b/c it reminds me that I'm not the only guy gettin' old! Heh heh :french )

mrmudcat
April 15th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Good stuff(favorite song Black Water):dude 80 degrees not much humidity as of 7:30pm....woohooo..............after to long north of the Mason-dixon line, days like today bring a smile.......:cool:

Any band named after a fondness of doobies is ok with me!!:what

Just saying:bootyshake :AOK

bigoldron
April 22nd, 2010, 06:17 AM
Great post M29! I agree with BigG. Michael McDonald KILLED the Doobie Brothers. Glad to see Tom Johnston is back. To me, he was the heart of the Doobies. I wasn't able to be see them, but they had a show with Peter Frampton near here a year or so ago. From what my friends told me, they put on a great show. I'm STILL sick about missing that one!

Tig
April 22nd, 2010, 07:13 AM
Michael McDonald playing R&B solo actually sounds pretty good these days.
Playing with the Doobies? Just say "NO"!

bigoldron
April 22nd, 2010, 07:56 AM
I don't mean to dis McDonald's musical ability. For the style of music he does, he's very good at it. But it AIN'T the Doobie Brothers.... LOL