PDA

View Full Version : Dorking around with PunkHairedBoy

sunvalleylaw
February 27th, 2010, 09:49 PM
No one is home, my brain is fried from watching online Continuing Legal Education recordings I have to complete by the weekend, and I needed to get some practice in before the acoustic jam tomorrow, but I did not want to play acoustic. Also, I had not recorded forever, and again, no one was around, so, sloppy as it is, I give you

PunkHairedBoy!

http://www.box.net/shared/phk0v1qr21

LOL!!!

mainestratman
February 27th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I am a little beggarman, a begging I have been
For three score years in this little isle of green
I'm known along the Liffey from the Basin to the Zoo
And everybody calls me by the name of Johnny Dhu

:beer:

sunvalleylaw
February 27th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I never knew the words, cool! :AOK :beer:

mainestratman
February 27th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I do a lot of solo acoustic Irish folk stuff.. :-)

(All the words: http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/lyrics/beggarman.htm)

sunvalleylaw
February 27th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Yikes, hope I didn't butcher this one too much for you. LOL!

mainestratman
February 27th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Not at all. :-)

SuperSwede
February 28th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Nice one Steve, and boxnet seems to work with iPhone now!

sunvalleylaw
February 28th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Boxnet works with iPhone? Cool, good to know. Are you running an app, or from the internet?

M29
February 28th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Yes very nice indeed Steve!! Keep em comin!! What guitar did you use? Do you remember at what setting you had the volume? I have been trying to get used to adjusting my guitar volume more and I like that sting ya got goin.

M

sunvalleylaw
February 28th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks M29. Sounds sloppy as heck to me when I listen back, but it was fun. I normally play that on my Martin in an acoustic setting, and you don't have to be as careful about noise from open strings. Just thought it would be fun to play all distorted and loud.

EDITED after review. I had the Peavey up at 4 on master volume clean, EQ with bass and mid at 5, treble at 8, the Viking , bridge dialed back a bit but up enough to feedback, the DVM Rabid Rodent on Red Red LED distortion with volume and distortion at noon, filter neutral, mic'd with the SM57 about an inch off the front screen, and used auto recording input volume in Garageband, so it would not get too oversaturated in recording.

SuperSwede
March 1st, 2010, 05:03 PM
Boxnet works with iPhone? Cool, good to know. Are you running an app, or from the internet?

I'm using Safari :)

sunvalleylaw
March 1st, 2010, 05:10 PM
I was thinking that, and that is great it works. But it would be cool if they made an app to access box.net stuff. Or maybe they could do it via the me.com for audio like they do the moblieme gallery app.