PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to you Canucks!!

duhvoodooman
February 28th, 2010, 05:49 PM
The Canadian Hockey team did a great job of pulling it back together after a very game US squad tied it up with 24 seconds left in regulation. Would have been easy to let down, but Sidney Crosby came through with the game winner. And even though it's disappointing not to win the gold (esp. after beating the favored Canadians once in the tournament), we're very proud of the silver medal our young bunch of scrappers won. Going in to the Olympics, they weren't even expected to medal. A great finish to a great Winter Games. Super job by the city of Vancouver, even when the weather didn't want to cooperate. :AOK :dude :applause :beer: :smile-us: :canada:

mainestratman
February 28th, 2010, 06:03 PM
:beer:

bcdon
February 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Super job by the city of Vancouver, even when the weather didn't want to cooperate. :AOK :dude :applause :beer: :smile-us: :canada:
The weather has been fantastic up here, it feels like Spring!! The best part about the Olympics is that they are over! What a pain. We can now go back to normal and pay for the Olympics for the next 50 years.

That said, I'm glad things went off with out too much drama.

marnold
February 28th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I'll be happy for Stevie Y. and Mike Babcock. Thinking of Getzlaff and Pronger with golds makes me want to barf, but they make me want to barf in general.

Algonquin
February 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Teams were so close... what a thrill to watch. Miller was such a stand out all tourny long.
Congrats to everyone who gave it there very all!
:canada: :smile-us:

Robert
February 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Lots of nerves and pressure.... but everyone gave all they had, I'm sure!

Blaze
February 28th, 2010, 08:54 PM
That was a classic match ,both team worked so hard but Mr. Crosby gave us the Gold ...:happy :happy :happy :happy :applause :applause

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/images/bizphotos/569x379/201002/28/150982-sidney-crosby-tranche-prolongation-pour.jpg

Spudman
March 1st, 2010, 12:36 AM
I was in a bar full of people watching the game and our band was waiting to start after the game was over. The excitement and tension in the room was very intense. I was on the edge of my seat too...with a cold Fat Tire in hand. What a game!

Congrats to our northern neighbors. :beer:

Tig
March 1st, 2010, 02:06 AM
That was a great match up for the gold medal game. Both teams did well and deserved to be there, and really had it together when it counted. :frenchblank

I gave up precious sleep to watch it with my son (I work nights), and it was worth it, even if the US didn't win. :cry:

Kazz
March 1st, 2010, 05:26 AM
Well I guess I am the voice of dissent here.....and don't get me wrong I hold the same opinion of the Summer Olympiad and Basketball precisely.....I do not like it when professional athletes are allowed to compete in the Olympics. I am not a hockey fan at all....I do not understand the game outside of putting the puck in the goal...that part I get.....icing....high sticking....I have no idea....that darn blue line thing? Lost.

I will say that I found myself watching events that I had never watched before, and the feel good stories that were put on the air taught me valuable lessons. The one piece they did on Gander in New Foundland was amazing at how that small community helped so many on 9/11 and the days after. Also that amazing family that helped out the U.S. Bobsled team when another person scammed them out of $8000 and gave them a free place to stay during the games. As I have for the last several winter olympics I watched the Curling events....even tho I really have no idea what is going on....that sport is very interesting to me....perhaps that is because I do not understand what they are doing with those brooms that impacts the stone so much. This year I watched for the first time ever cross country skiing...it was a 30k or 18 mile event for the women...and that Polish woman won the first gold medal ever for a woman of Poland....that was pretty cool. I also watched some speed skating where there were teams of 3 women skating like a simultaneous relay....the finish time was when the 3rd skater crossed the line.....watched the 2 semis and seen Japan cruise to a win, then watched the Americans get beat in a disappointing finish with the Germans. That rear skater slid across the finish line face first.....in my opinion the rules should be changed that you have to be upright on your blades for the finish to count. oh yeah....I watched some snow boarding for the first time too....those kids are crazy....but it was good entertainment. All in all a great Olympiad and Vancouver did a wonderful job hosting.

Bloozcat
March 1st, 2010, 07:21 AM
That was a fantastic hockey game!

If the US can't win the gold, then I always root for Canada to win it. It was rather fitting that it ended up being an all North American final for the gold. The hockey culture in the northern US and Canada transcends the border. The National Hockey League would be more aptly named, "The North American Hockey League" IMHO.

Congrats to our northern brothers on a great win! :AOK

sunvalleylaw
March 1st, 2010, 07:39 AM
Congrats to the Canadians, and to the US team for playing hard to the finish!

Brian Krashpad
March 1st, 2010, 08:12 AM
G'oh Canada!

:canada:

marnold
March 1st, 2010, 03:28 PM
k4TkKTxv2To

J8k7T1zYem8

Co-written by Mitch Album and background "vocals" courtesy David Letterman
eUb0C0iI_GE

mainestratman
March 1st, 2010, 03:33 PM