PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Fingers.... indeed

SuperSwede
September 26th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Last night I managed to spill out some of the contents of a Mariestad beer (very nice beer by the way) into my computer keyboard... I acted real fast and I thought that I had saved the keyboard. But this morning all keys were sticky, and if I press one key a couple of others follow as well... Game Over?
Luckily I have a spare keyboard if the old beer impregnated one doesnt survive the dish washer (!) :DR

Anyone else done the same thing?

Tone2TheBone
September 26th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Cokes at work. Just take out the problem keys one at a time to clean behind them with water.

SuperSwede
September 26th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Might I recommend the dishwasher.. Looks like brand new and actually works! :eek:

aeolian
September 26th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I'm surprised that putting a keyboard in a dishwasher does not ruin it. Although it does not contain much electronics it does have some.

aeolian

Cranium
September 26th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Pop all the keys and put them in water or something :D.

warren0728
September 26th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Might I recommend the dishwasher.. Looks like brand new and actually works! :eek:
i've heard the same thing many times....just give it plenty of time to dry

ww

Tone2TheBone
September 26th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Do not try a dishwasher with an amph.... :)

Spudman
September 26th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Do not try a dishwasher with an amph.... :)

Unless you are really into CLEAN settings.:D hahahaha

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Well, I was ready to throw it away anyway. So I put it on the dishwashers top shelf. Ran the low-heat short program. Let it dry and it actually works great now. It was starting to look a bit vintage, but now it looks like brand new. Anyone care to try refurbish a strat neck in the dishwasher? Spud?

Spudman
September 27th, 2006, 06:59 AM
My dishwasher says that I have to wash my own guitar parts.:)

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2006, 08:28 AM
If you add enough washing-up powder you might use it for relicing knobs and pickup covers! More home relicing to follow....

tot_Ou_tard
September 28th, 2006, 06:22 AM
If you add enough washing-up powder....
O Ho! So they teach you Swedes English rather than Amurican!

To be sure: which of the following is correct?

1) Sweden have a new government.
2) Sweden has a new government.

Say aluminum, please come on! ;)

That is if you have time in your schedule.

Carlström
September 28th, 2006, 07:46 AM
I did the same thing about a month ago....also with Mariestad beer...must be a conspiracy :eek:

O Ho! So they teach you Swedes English rather than Amurican!

yep we're taught UK english in school not american english. But then there's all the TV shows and movies that is in american so i think our english is all mixed up now....plus all the usual errors that comes with not speaking it as a native.

SuperSwede
September 28th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Tot, I actually learned most of my english (or american if you wish) by using computers in the middle/late 80´s. NO applications were available in Swedish so I had to do it the hard way :p Anyway, here they teach us the UK variant, but most know the american equivalent words as well.
I really dont understand why you are looking for spelling mistakes so much, English is NOT my native language, but I think that I know enough english to be part of the discussions here. Spelling errors, or not.

Carlström: Sounds like there is something rotten in the state of Mariestad!

Tone2TheBone
September 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Can someone explain some of the differences between the Queen's English and the English spoken in America or other countries this is interesting. Well besides the obvious differences in dialect and word usage. Do Americans speak street or something? LMAO